Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possibilities of the strategy wizzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibilities of the strategy wizzard

After study of building a strategy in the wizzard I have 3 questions to solve in order to devellop my strategy with the wizzard:

1: I will use the Fast Stochastics indicator and need to condition in the Condition Buider that %K > %D for a entry long. Because these variables are part of the same indicator I have no idea how to do this.

2: Another condition I don't now to bring with the Condition Builder is that: 08:30 < current time < 21:45.

3: Is 10 the maximum amount of User Defined Inputs for the Strategy Wizzard?

I am looking forward for help on these issues.

1. When selecting an indicator, it's plots are available for selection in the bottom portion of the condition builder.

2. See the following link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...mparisons.html

3. Yes through the wizard. Unlimited manually programming it.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray, Thanks for the answers on my questions.
      Remains still the problem with the first question. I will try to explain my problem:
      In the Condtion Builder I want to make the equation %K > %D for the Fast Stochastics. The plot of the indicator lines will not help me out. Thereafter I want also to make the equation that %K < 25.
      Therefore I need to work with the variable %K and %D itsself.
      Can this be done and how?

Comment

I am sorry. I do not understand what you are after.

Do you want to check the values of the input parameters of the stochastic indicators and NOT the indicator's actual plot values?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          I am sorry. I do not understand what you are after.

Do you want to check the values of the input parameters of the stochastic indicators and NOT the indicator's actual plot values?
          The problem is I want to equate the actual plot values %K and %D of the Fast Stochastics indicator in the Condition Builder. These represent the 2 lines in the indicator.
          I have no problem with the input parameters; they can be defined with User Defined Input variables.

Comment

That's what I thought you meant.

Here is an image of unpublished Help Documentation that explains how to do what you want.
            Attached Files

Comment

In addition, I am personally hosting a webinar at 9 PM EDT tomorrow evening. Its an introduction to strategy construction using the Wizard. Click on the link in my signature for entering the room.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                In addition, I am personally hosting a webinar at 7 PM EDT tomorrow evening. Its an introduction to strategy construction using the Wizard. Click on the link in my signature for entering the room.
                Ray, Your information about how to make the condition with the current values of the indicator in the Condition Builder was of great help!
                Thanks also about the information about the webbinar. But does it not start at 9 PM EDT, which is in the middle of the night in the Netherlands where I am living?

Comment

Great. Yes, that would be difficult to make from Holland. We will have more of these sessions coming up and possibly recorded.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes