Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to protect my source code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot Jesse for your complete response. I'll try a couple of things to see.

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
      Hi Ninjas,

Protecting the source code is a very important thing to care of. I've read and used ClicSecure for NT, but I've read from a couple of sources that actually that is not good enough, cause it's still possible reversal engineering; so, searching further I've came across with these people: http://www.eziriz.com/dotnet_reactor.htm which it seems pretty strong, so I have two questions:

1. Have you heard of them before, what your opinion?

2. In case positive, how should I use this new protection software ?

Thanks
      .NET Reactor is one of the more difficult ones to crack when it protects an exe. For the options that you MUST use, so that NT can load the obfuscated dll, I am afraid that the dll produced is not much more secure than that of most other protectors.

The unfortunate truth is that, for any determined reverse engineer, .NET assemblies will generally be much easier to reverse than code from other languages.

The real point is to determine just how much theft you are willing to live with, if a determined team goes after your code. Most of the time, the thieves are just not that interested in us small developers and our small markets. Yes, our code will be cracked and shared, but those who would use such cracked code were never going to buy our stuff anyway. I have learned to live with it. You may have to do the same.
      Last edited by koganam; 05-07-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience and complete opinion of this actual reality

Comment

Hi,

a bit old thread, but maybe helpful for anybody who is interested in protecting sourcecode with .NET Reactor. I use this tool (Version 4.9.9.0) in the meantime for .exe-files. A try to protect NT8-dll raises an exception after loading the assembly to a chart (with all activated options). So I tested the individual settings with the following results:

* NecroBit -> doesn't work with NT 8.0.0.9 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - BETA
          * Anti ILDASM -> ok
          * Obfuscation -> ok, but the assembly is listed under a "special" folder (see pics attached)
          * Anti Tampering -> ok
          * String Encryption -> ok
          * Compress & Encrypt Resources -> ok
          * Control Flow Obfuscation Level 9 -> ok

"Ok" means, that the assembly was able to loading to the chart with no exceptions/errors. I have no tryed to reengineer the protected assembly

regards,
          Lutz

with obfuscation: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cPNG
          without obfuscation: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cPNG
          Last edited by sigworks; 03-19-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sigworks View Post
            I use this tool (Version 4.9.9.0)
            Have you tried using the latest 5.0.0.0?

They've made some improvement to NecroBit.

Attached Files

Comment

I am using ConfuserEx with Ninja7 and Ninja8 and works fine. It is open source but you can modify some variables of the algos to make a customize version of the obfuscator.

http://yck1509.github.io/ConfuserEx/

(The protected dll's with CLISecure in Ninja7 can be cracked very easily. I haven't tried with Ninja8 + CLISecure).
              Last edited by cls71; 03-20-2016, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Can someone recommend licensing tool or strategies. I am thinking to offer my NT strategies on a subscription basis. For example, I'd use user's broker or NT account as ID and my software would call license server to check if that ID has access. I can offer trials and revoke license once expired using this strategy, so client doesn't have to pay upfront large amount. I'm not sure how to execute this yet. Maybe some pointers?

Thx
                xcoder
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EMS

Comment

Hello xcoder,

Thank you for your using NinjaTrader.

If you are interested in becoming a vendor, please reach out to info [at] ninjatraderecosystem.com for more information.
                  Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Gaby, I am already a vendor. I guess need to update the profile to reflect that. I was just hoping some other developers come across my post and recommend tools that they're using. Maybe there a better place to ask this question.
                    xcoder
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EMS

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying. The supported route is using VendorLicensing provided by NinjaTrader.

If you would like assistance using the supported method, please reach out to vendorsupport [at] ninjatrader.com .

That said, this thread will remain open for the community to provide suggestions for using unsupported methods to license scripts.
                      Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      11 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post xiinteractive  
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes