Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Detecting chart patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detecting chart patterns

Hi all,

I am new to NinjaTrader and I have used the wizard to create some strategies but I want to take it to the next level now.

What i want to do -and dont know how- is to detect candle patterns in a chart. For example a triangle, a flag, consolidations, etc...
    Is there any add on or code example or idea to solve this?

thanks!
    Daniel.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

To view code on detecting Candle Stick Patterns please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > CandleStickPattern > OK.

You can also call the CandleStickPattern indicator in your own code using the CandleStickPattern() method in your code. For information on the CandleStickPattern() method please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ickpattern.htm

We also have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6-8 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with in-depth training on how to create, test and deploy fully automated strategies.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Patrick,

CandleStickPattern() is a great method, but is not what i am looking for. This method allows you to identify a single candle of one of the predefined types like a Doji. What i need to do is identify a chart patters which is a formation of multiple candles like a triangle, flag, or a simple consolidation.

Thanks!
      Daniel.

Comment

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your response.

We have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
        Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielDan View Post

CandleStickPattern() is a great method, but is not what i am looking for. This method allows you to identify a single candle of one of the predefined types like a Doji. What i need to do is identify a chart patters which is a formation of multiple candles like a triangle, flag, or a simple consolidation.

Thanks!
          Daniel.
          Hello Daniel,
          Were you able to achieve what you intended to do? I am in a similar situation but not sure how to proceed with it.
          My Pattern also includes a series of candles.
          tx
          inner_silence

Comment

Originally posted by DanielDan View Post

Thanks!
            Daniel.
            Daniel Hi,

There are a few indicators and strategies in downloads that will identify classic patterns like, Flags, Head & Shoulders, Congestion (Consolidation) Boxes, Channels, Sup/Res, etc.

Just do a search for key words, and/or go through the list of downloads (User Apps) and you may find what you are looking for. Also, if you are familiar with NT C# you can use/edit the default Swing indicator and customize it to identify most of the geometric patterns (i.e. A triangle is nothing more than two swing highs with one swing low in between, or the reverse).

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Daniel Hi,

There are a few indicators and strategies in downloads that will identify classic patterns like, Flags, Head & Shoulders, Congestion (Consolidation) Boxes, Channels, Sup/Res, etc.

Just do a search for key words, and/or go through the list of downloads (User Apps) and you may find what you are looking for. Also, if you are familiar with NT C# you can use/edit the default Swing indicator and customize it to identify most of the geometric patterns (i.e. A triangle is nothing more than two swing highs with one swing low in between, or the reverse).

Cheers!
              Well said and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post arvidvanstaey