Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

multi time frame & strategy wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi time frame & strategy wizard

hello and good day. i know nothing about c# but i can navigate the strategy wizard well enough, usually.

i want to develop & back test the following strategy: 3 time frames with 3 mov averages. only the shortest term data series will be visible on the chart, the other two will be transparent. when the shortest term ma is below the shortest term time frame = long signal. when the medium term ma is below the medium term time frame = long signal. when the longest term ma is below the longest term time frame = long signal. when all 3 of these conditions are true, only then open a long trade.

the exact opposite for a short position. when all 3 ma's are above their corresponding prices, only then open a short position.

the problem i'm having is that i don't see in the wizard how to add multiple time frames. i've seen the help section on this matter and it addresses the issue with code, but as i said i don't get c#.

i'm guessing it's an easy fix for someone who understands this aspect of NT, but unfortunately, i'm not that guy.

i'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction, thank you. JM

Thanks for the post johnnymustard, your understanding is correct unfortunately - for MultiSeries work you would need to work outside the wizard interface using NinjaScript coding which is based on C#. A full working example of a script would be though preinstalled with NinjaTrader under the 'SampleMultiTimeFrame' strategy.

An alternative to approxmiate could be simply working with longer period lengths for your MA's from the finest timeframe in a wizard script.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Enquiry re Multi series strategy

Originally posted by johnnymustard View Post
      hello and good day. i know nothing about c# but i can navigate the strategy wizard well enough, usually.

i want to develop & back test the following strategy: 3 time frames with 3 mov averages. only the shortest term data series will be visible on the chart, the other two will be transparent. when the shortest term ma is below the shortest term time frame = long signal. when the medium term ma is below the medium term time frame = long signal. when the longest term ma is below the longest term time frame = long signal. when all 3 of these conditions are true, only then open a long trade.

the exact opposite for a short position. when all 3 ma's are above their corresponding prices, only then open a short position.

the problem i'm having is that i don't see in the wizard how to add multiple time frames. i've seen the help section on this matter and it addresses the issue with code, but as i said i don't get c#.

i'm guessing it's an easy fix for someone who understands this aspect of NT, but unfortunately, i'm not that guy.

i'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction, thank you. JM
      Hi JM,

Could you tell me please if you found a solution to your multi series strategy idea?

Although not new to trading, I am new to the NT community and am at that same stage of developing my trading approach using multi-timeframes.

I would very much appreciate any pointers in this area.

Many thanks.

Comment

Nope. 3 years running.

Guess I'd have to hire a 3rd party ninja script developer if I want this. I'm trying to do this myself as much as possible but IMO the C# tutorials kind of suck. There are many short comings, for me at least. Good luck, JM

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post geotrades1