Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stop loss, trailing stop modification in NT6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop loss, trailing stop modification in NT6

At an impasse and need some questions answered.

I need to develop a multiple (3 to 4) stop loss modification scheme and have ventured as far as tweaking a Wizard generated strategy using Josh's Sample Price Modification (thanks Josh) which gives me a hard coded breakeven and 1 variable stop loss/target. I need to have a 3 to 4 variable stop loss strategy where the stops are user defined. I would like the exit to be a stop that is hit, not necessarily a target.

Now some questions.

What calls are required in Variables, Initialize, OnBarUpdate and Properties methods to accomplish this if it is in fact doable?

I get that the stop loss order handling must go from entry, to flat to new entry, and a Stop Loss and Target are submitted OCO at entry, does this mean ALL modified Stop Losses have to be accompanied with a target exit so as to cancel the other? If this is not the case, then how is the resting stop dealt with when a modified stop loss is submitted to an already open position?

Same questions for the step modification of Trailing Stop.

Alfie

What I would do is look at NT 6.5 and use a combination of the new OnOrderUpdate() to submit a stop via ExitLongStop() upon receiving a fill on your entry and then use the OnBarUpdate() to make price adjustments to this order.

Here is a reference sample. NT6.5 will be out of beta and into production next week.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post LawrenHom  
    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes