Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SubmitOrder vs. ExitShort/Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of ExitLong / ExitShort versions is:
    ExitLong[/Short] (int quantity, string signalName, string fromEntrySignal)
    and I use fromEntrySignal as a link between my entry and my exit.
    SubmitOrder is lacking two signal strings. So how the link between a specific entry and an exit is done? How SubmitOrder “knows” for which entry, the exit should be performed?

Thanks.

Thinking a bit, I understand I should answer it for myself. Nothing isn't managed in an unmanaged mode, including this issue.
    Last edited by xTrader1; 10-03-2014, 07:06 AM.

Hello xTrader1,

Thank-you for posting.

As you noted in managed approach NinjaTrader uses the signal names for linkage and that is one of the functions/values of the managed approach. In the unmanaged approach you are placing and managing orders directly without control by NinjaTrader and so there is no signal linking. Orders are filled in a first in first out basis.

Here is the help guide reference section for unmanaged approach: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...d_approach.htm In the section working with unmanaged orders section of the link, this note: It is critical to assign an IOrder object to keep track of your order or else you will not be able to identify it in your code later since there is no signal tracking when using Unmanaged order methods.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello xTrader1,

Thank-you for posting.

As you noted in managed approach NinjaTrader uses the signal names for linkage and that is one of the functions/values of the managed approach. In the unmanaged approach you are placing and managing orders directly without control by NinjaTrader and so there is no signal linking. Orders are filled in a first in first out basis.

Here is the help guide reference section for unmanaged approach: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...d_approach.htm In the section working with unmanaged orders section of the link, this note: It is critical to assign an IOrder object to keep track of your order or else you will not be able to identify it in your code later since there is no signal tracking when using Unmanaged order methods.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Thank you for the reply, this was a great help. All of my trades in my strategy are managed trades except 2 that I need a bracket order. Is it wise just to have 2 strategies one for managed and one for unmanaged or is there a way to trigger managed and unmanaged on or off?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

There would not be a way to toggle between the two as the property needs to be set in Initialize.

It would not be recommended to run two strategies on the same instrument and account at once as they would not know what the other is doing.

It would instead be suggested to create a strategy that contains all logic needed, in this case if you are using an unmanaged portion of the code, likely you would need to convert both into a single strategy that uses only Unmanaged.

I look forward to being of further assistance .
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for the question.

There would not be a way to toggle between the two as the property needs to be set in Initialize.

It would not be recommended to run two strategies on the same instrument and account at once as they would not know what the other is doing.

It would instead be suggested to create a strategy that contains all logic needed, in this case if you are using an unmanaged portion of the code, likely you would need to convert both into a single strategy that uses only Unmanaged.

I look forward to being of further assistance .
          Thank you for your reply. I know what I have to do now. For further reference, are there any good examples of Unmanaged order entry, trailing stops, etc that I can do research on. I am going to stay with managed entries but I want to brush up my coding and understand the methodologies, triggers and methods of unmanaged coding.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't know of any specific publicly available samples for unmanaged. Some of the strategies in the sharing section may contain unmanaged but I am unaware of any specific files.

If you do have any specific questions regarding unmanaged we could certainly look further into those to find the answer.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes