Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to specify time frames for each indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to specify time frames for each indicator?

Hi,

Can I choose multiple time frames for several different types of indicators?
    How does one select to which time frame an indicator is to be applied against?

Thanks

Hello TradeYa,

Thank you for your post.

Under the Indicator menu set the Input Series to the desired instrument/bar type on the chart. Please refer to the information at the following link for working with indicators: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello TradeYa,

Thank you for your post.

Under the Indicator menu set the Input Series to the desired instrument/bar type on the chart. Please refer to the information at the following link for working with indicators: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
      Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the link. I read through it and realized that your link was for creating a chart in general - I should have mentioned that I'm looking to create a strategy.

My goal is to create a condition where I say RSI(30) had to have been below a value of 30, within the last 6 bars, on a 20 minute chart. How can I do this within the strategy wizard?

I tried defining custom time periods within the "user defined inputs" page - however the "period" field in the strategy wizard for RSI customization, doesn't refer back to the "user defined inputs" page.

Thanks

Comment

Hello TradeYa,

You would not be able to add multiple timeframes using the Strategy Wizard. You will need to unlock the code in order to handle this so it can be custom programmed.

The period setting you are using is for the Indicators look back period, and not the Timeframe.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cal,

How do I custom program individual timeframes for different indicators, after unlocking the code?
          How would I write the code? I viewed the code for my strategy, however I didn't see an existing code line for the default timeframe (which I assume is daily).

Are there any examples of the timeframes being adjusted after unlocking the code?

Comment

Hello TradeYa,

I have attached a link below that will go over how to use Multiple Time frames and Instruments with NinjaScript -
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

Additionally, here is a reference sample using Multiple Time frames -
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5787

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes