Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop Order throwing error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Order throwing error

I have a strat running really well that has 2 targets and a trailing stop. When both targets are hit and the trailing stop is eventually hit, everything closes out perfectly.
    BUT, when target 1 is hit and then the trailing stop is hit, NT7 throws an error that I believe has to do with my target 2 target/limit order not closing out properly. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you found a solution? Thanks

Hi thekreme, thanks for your post.

If you would, could you transcribe the exact text from one of these error messages, or attach a screenshot of it? This will shed additional light on what could be happening here.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

These are the messages that printed on the pop-ups. I have no idea why it thinks I'm trying to do something with an order that's not a multiple of 1000. I assume when the stop is hit, any other open orders close.

3/19/2015 11:02:48 AM,Strategy,Strategy submitted an order that generated the following error 'UnableToChangeOrder'. Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself.,

3/19/2015 11:02:48 AM,Order,FXCM, Order Quantity must be a multiple of 1000 affected Order: BuyToCover 5000 Limit @ 178.04,

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the details on the message.

Can I have you please send in your log and trace files to me so I can see what had occurred?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:1280198

Also in the area where you can type text, please provide a link to this forum post.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jesse. I just sent them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM