Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does ExitLong or ExitShort Canel a TrailStop or StopLoss Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does ExitLong or ExitShort Canel a TrailStop or StopLoss Order?

Hello Guys

Weirdest thing happened today, I entered the market short and SetTrailTop was set to 500 pts (100 ticks of 5 pts). A trail stop order was placed there, and then the market inverted direction, at some point my strategy Exited Short and Entered Long right away.. all good so far, market kept rolling up.. and all of the sudden it adds 1 to my position quantity ... when I start analyzing what happened, that was that initial Trail stop order that was executed.

After reviewing it over and over, I finally understood that the ExitShort flatted my position, but never canceled that TrailStop order initially placed there when I first entered the market short. It was supposed to protect me when I was short, but it ended up buying me more after I entered as Long in the same day

Is this behavior expected? Could this be the local broker? (Operating with Clear in Brazil)

Should I manually cancel all working stop orders after I exit the market? So if I enter market again in the same day, previous stops order don't mess up the strategy.

Please your assistance

Thanks,

Rodrig

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

If you can not manage your position in the platform currently I would recommend to contact the broker to manually manage the positions. Otherwise you can disable the strategy and close any orders as needed, I am unsure if this was something caused by the logic in the strategy or other so we would need to review this.

it would be needed to view the log and trace files to see what had occurred, can you please send in your log and trace files?

You can do this by going to Help -> Email to Platform Support and ensure the Log and trace files are attached. Please include a description of the issue in the dialog.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes