Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Close By Stop Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close By Stop Loss

How can I know if my position was closed by a stop loss (in case I used the SetStopLoss method)?

Thanks

Hello kiss987,

Thank you for writing in. You can know how a position was closed by checking the Name column and the Filled column of the orders tab of either the control center or the strategy analyzer (depending on how you are running your strategy). You will see "Stop loss" as the name, and an amount greater than 0 in the "Filled" column indijcating that a position was exited through the SetStopLoss() method.

More information on the SetStopLoss() method can be found in our help guide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ub=setstoploss

If you need to know if your position was closed by the order placed from the SetStopLoss() method in code, it could look something like this:
    Code:
    protected override void OnExecution(IExecution e)
    {
    	if(e.Order != null && e.Order.OrderState == OrderState.Filled && e.Order.Name.ToString() == "Stop loss")
    	{
    		//Do something
    	}
    }
    The code above is called on an incoming execution. It checks if the execution's order exists, if the order state is now filled, and if the order is a stop loss order.

More information on the OnExecution() method can be found in our help guide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ub=onexecution

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

To my understanding, the stop loss order has a default name of "Stop loss".
      Do the orders which are called by EnterLong, ExitLong and SetProfitTarget also have default names?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello,
        When using SetProfitTarget() it will have a default name of ProfitTarget.
        EnterLong and ExitLong do not have default names but you can name them by entering a string in between the parantheses.
        Code:
        EnterLong("My Long Order" + CurrentBar);
        This example would enter a name of My Long order and then the current bar when the order is placed.

If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you please give an example on how to use the ExitLong method? I am not sure I understand how to use the fromEntrySignal parameter.

Comment

Hello,
            Please see the following example below using ExitLong.
            Code:
            ExitLong("My Long Order" + CurrentBar);
            The fromEntrySignalName is a string that you can use to associate a specific exit order with an entry name.

Comment

Does the fromEntrySignalName has to be identical to the value I provided on the EnterLong?
              For example, if I entered the position using EnterLong("A"), can I exit it using ExitLong("B")?

Comment

Hello,
                The fromEntrySignalName would need to be identical to the value that you use in EnterLong().
                If you do not it would end up with exiting by submitting long market orders until your position is flat.
                I recommend reviewing the Tips subsection for this on ExitLong() in our hlep guide. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...7/exitlong.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM