Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Realized Profit Issues While In Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing, since I am using named orders for targets I think this has a high probability of being the source of the bug inside Ninja as shown here:

LongExitOrders[i] = ExitLongLimit(0, true, execution.Order.Filled, High[0], "LX1", "LE2");

I am tying the exit to the entry.

Ninja may be getting the open profit calcs confused because it is not pulling off the right order....

Just a thought...

Comment

To clarify: Use FiFo for position avg price calcs is only active if NT calculates the position price. Sample:
      - strategy position on strategies: calculated by NT
      - position on DOM is an account position: price is provided natively e.g. by Zen and IB (above setting is not effective) but calculated by NT for other providers (including sim account on any provider)

-> you need to exactly nail down what you believe is incorrect where and under what conditions

Comment

supposed to read :

LongExitOrders[i] = ExitLongLimit(0, true, execution.Order.Filled, High[0], "LX2", "LE2");

sorry for the previous typo

Comment

OK, let me try to do that.

Mark

Comment

Please mail me your findings to "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com". Thanks

Comment

I'd like to see this improvement in the next release

I know that this thread was finished a long time ago, but I just read thru it and would like to support this request.

I'm not so much concerned about the strategy as much as I'd like to see this on the SuperDOM.

Specifically and related to this thread, I would like to see on my DOM the realized PnL plus the Unrealized PnL at any given time. I know that it currently can't do this, but it would be great to add this as an option to the properties fo the SuperDOM.

Currently you can see the realized PnL when flat or you can see the Unrealized PnL for the current trade when you're in a trade. The distinction is very important to the strategy that I use. I need to see exactly where I'm at for the day both realized and unrealized at any given time.

I hope that makes sense. I think Ninja is awesome, but would love to see this addition in the next release or update.

Let me know if this is something in the works or not.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks fro your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Davidtowleii