Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can ninja ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can ninja ?

Will Ninja allow me to build strategy where once my entrance criteria are met I can, say buy 1 contract, have a original stop for 1st position then move stop as new positions are added, scale in move stop etc and how would I get the code for this, Im no programmer

Hello WaltH,

Yes, this can be accomplished by using the Strategy Wizard. The Strategy Wizard can be opened by left mouse clicking on the Tools menu within the NinjaTrader Control Center, selecting the menu item New NinjaScript and selecting the menu item Strategy. You could set your entrance criteria in the Condition Builder and set entry actions in the Strategy Actions area.

To get your strategy to have an original stop for the 1st position, then move your stop as new positions are added. You would need to manually code this as the Strategy Wizard does not the ability to create this. You would have to use the Managed Approach use the SetStopLoss() method to set your stop losses per new position added.

To assist you further with this, I have included the Managed Approach and SetStopLoss() Help Guides.

I have included the Strategy Wizard, Condition Builder and Strategy Actions Help Guides to assist you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello WaltH,

Yes, this can be accomplished by using the Strategy Wizard. The Strategy Wizard can be opened by left mouse clicking on the Tools menu within the NinjaTrader Control Center, selecting the menu item New NinjaScript and selecting the menu item Strategy. You could set your entrance criteria in the Condition Builder and set entry actions in the Strategy Actions area.

To get your strategy to have an original stop for the 1st position, then move your stop as new positions are added. You would need to manually code this as the Strategy Wizard does not the ability to create this. You would have to use the Managed Approach use the SetStopLoss() method to set your stop losses per new position added.

To assist you further with this, I have included the Managed Approach and SetStopLoss() Help Guides.

I have included the Strategy Wizard, Condition Builder and Strategy Actions Help Guides to assist you further.
      Shawn,

I read through the guide that you pointed out here and I could not determine what I need to know. My question is different but this question seemed to be the closest so I thought I should address it here.

I would like to set my strategy so that I scale up my entries instead of scaling back. Essentially, I would like for the first entry to be 1 contract (based on price action and indicators), then once the price moves say 35 ticks, open a second contract, and once again add a third at 50 ticks. I would like for the trailing stop to move up to at least break even with each additional entry. Right now my strategy has no target as it aims to catch the long runners.

Is there instructional material to help me code this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Dolfan

Comment

Hi WaltH

I offer custom coding jobs for ninja trader. Please send me a private email if you are interested .

Regards

Gordon

Comment

Not in a position where I can pay for someone else to do my work. Besides, I paid full price for this software package. I would expect the support and the instructions to get me there for something simple like this. Thanks anyhow.

Best regards,

Dolfan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
          2 responses