Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Session templates out of date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sydney session starts at 08.00 GMT+11 (daylight saving). NinjaScript Bars.Session.GetNextBeginEnd returns a value equivalent to 09.00 GMT+11 as the start of the session.

Is there an update to the session template that occurs when daylight saving kicks in and how does one download that update? Or, does one have to manually alter the session times?

Thanks.

Edit: One apparent consequence of this seems to be that charts do not update any data from the connection (NT FXCM) until the session time as defined is reached; so, essentially, an hour without data.
    Last edited by jeronymite; 11-15-2015, 03:31 PM. Reason: Added info about no data
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hi jeronymite,

Which session template are you referring to in particular?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Default template for forex.
      jeronymite

Comment

Hi jeronymite,

I'm not seeing the same behavior on my end. Is your local PC clock set up to adjust automatically for Daylight Savings Time? Since time calculations in NT are based on your local PC time setting, there should not be a need to change them unless you aren't set up to sync automatically based on DST.

Do you only see the missing hour on the first session of Sunday?
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

My timezone (GMT+10) does not change for daylight saving, so the setting for me is always the same. The difference is there for every session boundary.

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Hi jeronymite,

Currently, it would appear as though this is expected behavior if the timezone that is associated with a session template adjusts for daylight savings time but your particular area does not. In this case, you'll need to manually adjust your session template to make up for the difference.

Comment

Thanks Alex.

This seems rather inappropriate behaviour. Surely NT7 can use the current locally set timezone on the computer and adjust sessions accordingly. May I request this be considered as a "flaw", if not exactly a bug?

I would also recommend that this be tested in NT8 (latest beta) to ensure that session templates are treated more sensibly and in the context of both the template-defined timezone and the locally set timezone of the executing computer.

Thanks!
              jeronymite

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
                Thanks Alex.

This seems rather inappropriate behaviour. Surely NT7 can use the current locally set timezone on the computer and adjust sessions accordingly. May I request this be considered as a "flaw", if not exactly a bug?

I would also recommend that this be tested in NT8 (latest beta) to ensure that session templates are treated more sensibly and in the context of both the template-defined timezone and the locally set timezone of the executing computer.

Thanks!
                I completely agree with jeronymite. NT uses people around the globe, so this should be default function!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred