Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategy to draw object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy to draw object

Hello
    I am using an indicator to draw an opening range which draws 2 lines. One to show the high range iand the other the the low range in blue.
    I would like to set up an strategy to draw an object at the moment in which price crosses the upper range red line and n red another object when price crosses the lower range blue line.
    How could I do that?
    Thanks very much....

Hello,
    Thank you for your post. So that I may assist further can you elaborate what you mean by the highest range and the lowest range?
    Are you looking for the highest high and the lowest low of the session?
    I look forward to your reply.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Strategy printing objects

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
      Hello,
      Thank you for your post. So that I may assist further can you elaborate what you mean by the highest range and the lowest range?
      Are you looking for the highest high and the lowest low of the session?
      I look forward to your reply.
      Hello
      No, I mean the highest or lowest lines that the range has drawn during the 30 minutes period for instance....

So if we have an 30 m. OR then the line will be drawn during that 30 m. at the highest or lowest price that has been reached during that period. So later when the price reaches again that line, I want to show an object right on top of the higher range and below of the lower range. And then activate an entry at the moment when the price touches that line and show the object at the same time.

Let me know if this clarify the question.

Thanks very much

Comment

Strategy printing objects

I attach an image to show the ranges lines where the object should be drawn when touching them....
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for the clarification.
          There is a strategy that is on the forum that works similarly to what you are wanting to achieve. Please review the Camarilla Points strategy at the following link, http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=80534
          This strategy will show how to set a time range to set a high and low and then trade off of when the price breaks out of those lines.

Please let me know if we can be of any other assistance.

Comment

Hello Cody_B I think the link is not pointing correctly..
            Thank you.
            Alberto

Comment

Hello,
              My apologies please see the following link instead.
              http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=5&linkid=571

Comment

Hi Cody B

I have installed the Camarilla Points strategy but I don't understand very well how it manages the entries... Nor I see options to edit in it so that I can set my trigger for drawn objects in the chart.

I am trying to do it myself at the development strategy wizard... And what I need is to enter short when the price crosses above a drawn line in the chart... But in the wizard I don't see the option of objects...
                In the section of DO THE FOLLOWING, I can see the option of DRAWING... I guess that's for the orders. But in the section WHEN THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE TRUE, I see the options of: Indicator, Misc, Price Data, Strategy, Time, User defines inputs, User variables, but I don't see an option where I can define the Object to trigger that entry when price crosses above an object drawn in the chart.

I have tried triggering entries with my indicator selected, but it doesn't work since I think the strategy is taking the actions as a time range within the time frame selected in the indicator rather than at the cross above the line drawn by the indicator.

To give you another similar example of what a want to do, imagine that I want to trigger a short entry when the price crosses a resistance R1 from the Pivots indicator, which for this example prints a blue line in the chart. So my strategy is: when price crosses above blue line, then enter short.

How can I set in the section WHEN THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE TRÚE, that if there is a cross above a line drawn in the chart, the strategy enters short? For instance.

Thanks very much
                Alberto

Comment

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for your response.

So I may provide further detail, can you provide additional information on the following?
                  Originally posted by Alberto Moreno View Post
                  So if we have an 30 m. OR then the line will be drawn during that 30 m. at the highest or lowest price that has been reached during that period.
                  Is the time frame (30 minutes) a range you need to define or is it the last 30 minutes on the chart?
                  Your screenshot shows that the hi and lo range are set during a specific period.

Comment

Hello Patrick
                    Yes than range is established at 9:30 to 10:00 but then I may extend it to a later time if I want . But still the lines drawn will always be maintained at the price ranges from that half initial hour.

This is the name of the indicator BzvOpeningRange4. I you want, I can send it to you.

But in any case, what I would like to get in the strategy wizard is that when the price is equal or crosses the price at which the lines are drawn, I would like to trigger the entries.

Thanks very much
                    Alberto

Comment

Hello,
                      Please send the strategy so that we may assist further. If you do not want to post on the forum you can send it to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.
                      What you are wanting to achieve with the drawn lines is possible but you would not be able to do this within the Strategy wizard.
                      I would recommend to take a look at the PriceAlert indicator within NinjaTrader as it does something similar where it sends an alert when the price crosses the drawnlines.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post GLFX005
                      by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM