Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Log message that indicates the new custom assembly version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log message that indicates the new custom assembly version

Dear Support,

I am updating automatically my custom strategies by overwriting the custom assemblies DLLs with the new ones then restarting ninjatrader. Is this ok? If not, what would be a good way of doing it automatically?

I know that upon restart it copies the right dll in place (choosing x32 over x64 or viceversa). Is there a way to find this action in the logs? What should I search for?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Generally it is best to develop as source or .cs files type/project permitting as this allows you to just compile and test in NinjaTrader which takes considerably less time. Also for exporting indicators, generally exporting the DLL from NinjaTrader its self would be preferred to ensure all the NinjaScript generated code at the bottom is generated correctly.

In the case that is not possible or your project is not aligned with the above statement, what you are doing has no problems other than it takes extra time to allow the platform to restart.

The assemblies are loaded at runtime and generally you can see what is being loaded in the Trace file shortly after the line:
    ******************* Session Start (Version 7.0.1000.30) *******************

Depending on what type of item you are creating, it may or may not be listed here and also if it is already there you would not see any indication of changes in the assembly.

The x64 and x86 would not be listed in this case as these are chosen depending on what exe you run, also this would not apply to VS developed assemblies as this is specific to NinjaTrader. To account for both you would need to export from VS an ANYCPU dll or a 32 and 64 bit version and then swap them as needed.

One other item, if you choose to you could have visual studio kill the NinjaTrader process to save some time. If you are in active development and have no worries of loosing data, you could add the following to the pre build events in the vs project you are using:

for NT7:
    Code:
    taskkill /f /fi "pid gt 0" /im ninjatrader.exe
    for NT8
    Code:
    taskkill /f /fi "pid gt 0" /im NinjaTrader.exe
    I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes