Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

anaHeikinAshi from Fat Tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anaHeikinAshi from Fat Tails

Anybody use the anaHeikinAshi indicator in a strategy to change bar color or bar outline color ?
    I figured that if it allowed these to be changed in the indicator that it could be done programatically.

I tried for the bar outline color:

anaHeikinAshi(anaHeikinA****ype.Dan_Valcu, 1, anaHAMAType.Median).ShadowColorDown = Color.Magenta;

without success.
    The Bar Outline Color remains Black, as set in the indicator.

I hope it's just my inept programming skills preventing me from seeing the obvious.

Thank you in advance...

Hello Randwulf,

Thanks for your post.

For the Bar color you can set/change the ninjascript property BarColor. Please see the helpguide which contains an example: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../?barcolor.htm

You can use the ninjascript property of CandleOutlineColor to change the outline color of the candles. Please see the helpguide which contains an example: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tlinecolor.htm

The above works on the current candle, if you wish to change historical bars then you would use the series versions which gives you the "bars ago" selection:

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx 4 the reply Paul...

I initially tried using just the original HeikenAshi() indicator.
      I tried BarColor, BarColorSeries, BarColorOutline & BarColorOutlineSeries to no avail.
      It appears to me that the application of the HeikenAshi indicator is after the fact resulting in the final painting to be what is set in the HeikenAshi indicator.
      With no other ideas forthcoming, I've resorted to my fallback solution of filling in the bar by using "DrawLine" from Open to Close with a wide line.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, in the case of the Ninjatrader 7 HeikenAshi indicator, its plot override would refresh the bars as the chart is refreshed.

Not sure what your overall goal is but you can do other things to mark the candle, such as using BackColor to color the panel behind the candle, draw a symbol above, below or on the candle itself (such as a dot, square, triangle). DrawText and use a symbol set such as wingdings to add unique symbols.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx again Paul,

I try to keep distraction to a minimum on the charts.
          BackColor adds too much.
          I could use symbols but they need to be big enough to catch my attention and I'd prefer nothing outside of the candle.
          If inside of the candle, it may obscure a Doji.
          That's why CandleOutlineColor on the HeikenAshi would have been perfect.
          Can't have everything.
          Maybe NT8 will open up another option.
          Thanks again and happy new year...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bmartz
          by bmartz