Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Privacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Privacy

Hello.

Can you please answer yes or no to the following questions. Let's assume I'm a genius who invents "new" indicators, loads them into your system and trades it profitably.

- Does anyone (NT staff or third party) have access to view my indicators and strategy in the NT system?
    - Does NT staff or any third party monitor profitable strategies/indicators of NT customers?
    - Does NT or any third party run new customer created strategies/indicators through testing?
    - Is the information I load into the NinjaScript module my private property?

I'm not a genius but I am paranoid.

Thanks in advance.

P.
    Last edited by 1156P; 02-04-2016, 04:05 AM. Reason: need to be more accurate

Hello 1156P,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

When you create and run your indicators and strategies they are run in your local machine only. The only (visible to others) output from your strategies would be orders that you place through your broker. Your broker will see your orders as will the exchanges however neither will see the code that generates the orders, just the order (buy/sell and necessary order info).

1. No. - The only time we would see your system is if you request remote assistance where we would use Teamviewer to connect and assist and then only if you provide us the TeamViewer ID & password (unique each time you run it) that would allow that to occur.
    2. No. - Except the trade desk of your broker will by requirements monitor your PNL relative to your account and margin requirements, this is part of doing business.
    3. No. - Unless you are having issues and are seeking assistance and have sent the code to us when we request it to help assist. Typically we would ask for only the code segment that is causing the issue or a toy segment that can run to reproduce the issue.
    4. Yes. - You can also obfuscate your code if you wish.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul, very helpful and good to know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888