Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to insert an indicator-(timeframeA) into a strategy-(timeframeB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again,

i do have a few questions, could you pm me?
    [email protected]

I would like to see some more charts. Apparently it's al intraday, correct? Im more used to the longer term trades ( days ), see attachement.

Mail me please with some more examples as what i could expect on ES/ZB charts, possibly from the last few days/week

I also need to be able to use this indicator in an automated strategy.

Kind regards,

Rob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by robje737; 07-01-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robje737 View Post
      Hi again,

i do have a few questions, could you pm me?
      [email protected]

I would like to see some more charts. Apparently it's al intraday, correct? Im more used to the longer term trades ( days ), see attachement.

Mail me please with some more examples as what i could expect on ES/ZB charts, possibly from the last few days/week

I also need to be able to use this indicator in an automated strategy.

Kind regards,

Rob
      Simpler than that, if you will, send a request for a trial from any of the support page email forms. I will keep an eye out for it, and authorize a trial for you to see whether it meets your purposes. We like to track these requests. I promise there will be no hard sell and spamming to your email address.

All the best.

Comment

Hi,
        If I knew how to do it perhaps this discussion should now be moved to other threads in the forum dealing with SR or SD, followed by other people interested in SR / SD who could also share their opinions on this subject.
        However I was wondering whether while coding your indicator you considered/not considered/declined to include in its calculations of the SR SD levels also the impact of the net sold volumes of calls and puts at each price and primarily for their nearest expiry?
        If it is true, especially in these last few years and especially for equities, indexes included, that the overall market and volume of options traded has been increasingly larger and influential, if it is true that 80% of net sold options will (and they will) expiry worthless, if these NET volumes of options are sold by so called, more or less, "big boys", --- if all this is true, does it not make sense to expect that these “big boys” will do whatever it takes (and probably, if they have been in this business of selling options for long enough, they have all the capital needed to do that) to make sure that those (strikes) showing the highest NET volumes sold will not be reached, so that all the options they sold will expire OTM (ie worthless) and they will be happy to cash in all the money they got from selling those big net volumes of options.
        So if money moved around options is not irrelevant, day by day, highest net volumes of options sold should have a relevant importance in establishing day by day SR SD levels that are going to be defended by said “big boys”.
        Actually I agree with the guy from whom I got this concept, an option trader who has several decades of experience s in this business, who is brightly able to (massive-)calculate in real time net volumes of options sold, for several entire markets. This option trader states that SR or SD levels are originated most of by options net volumes sold.
        In conclusion if all this makes some sense, and if anyone was able to calculate in real time net volumes of options sold, probably the direct and most reliable way to calculate SR would be this one. … perhaps(?)
        Best guidoisot.

Comment

Hi,

well, this could be of influence.
          Perhaps only in the week/days prior to expiration. Since you already use several elements in your SR strategy and you know this guy i would approach him and see if he can program this into an indicator if i were you.

regards,

Rob

Comment

Ciao Robje
            his name is Cagalli Tiziano, his main website is playoptions.it (look around in this web site for subject "Defence point distribution", DPD, or if you do not find info easy because of Italian language call him he speaks good English.
            Please let me if everything will go ok.
            Best.
            guidoisot.
            Last edited by guidoisot; 07-02-2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guidoisot View Post
              Hi,
              If I knew how to do it perhaps this discussion should now be moved to other threads in the forum dealing with SR or SD, followed by other people interested in SR / SD who could also share their opinions on this subject.
              However I was wondering whether while coding your indicator you considered/not considered/declined to include in its calculations of the SR SD levels also the impact of the net sold volumes of calls and puts at each price and primarily for their nearest expiry?
              If it is true, especially in these last few years and especially for equities, indexes included, that the overall market and volume of options traded has been increasingly larger and influential, if it is true that 80% of net sold options will (and they will) expiry worthless, if these NET volumes of options are sold by so called, more or less, "big boys", --- if all this is true, does it not make sense to expect that these “big boys” will do whatever it takes (and probably, if they have been in this business of selling options for long enough, they have all the capital needed to do that) to make sure that those (strikes) showing the highest NET volumes sold will not be reached, so that all the options they sold will expire OTM (ie worthless) and they will be happy to cash in all the money they got from selling those big net volumes of options.
              So if money moved around options is not irrelevant, day by day, highest net volumes of options sold should have a relevant importance in establishing day by day SR SD levels that are going to be defended by said “big boys”.
              Actually I agree with the guy from whom I got this concept, an option trader who has several decades of experience s in this business, who is brightly able to (massive-)calculate in real time net volumes of options sold, for several entire markets. This option trader states that SR or SD levels are originated most of by options net volumes sold.
              In conclusion if all this makes some sense, and if anyone was able to calculate in real time net volumes of options sold, probably the direct and most reliable way to calculate SR would be this one. … perhaps(?)
              Best guidoisot.
              Everything that you say here may well be true, and expiration pinning may be a valid phenomenon, but we have to understand what kind of price action we are looking it. The indicator is written for use in intraday trading, so monthly effects are of little, if any relevance, just as nobody who trades with a weekly time frameset looks at yearly effects. (Well, some may, but most likely do not).

On that basis, the put/call ratio is not something that one takes into account in the immediate day timeframe, even if one would take such considerations into account when marking possible areas as larger timeframe S/R. Moreover, the put/call ratio per strike is not really available as NinjaTrader data, and we cannot process data that we do not have.

The net is that the indicator looks only at the immediate time frame being traded, albeit, the noise value is determined within only a narrow range of possibilities, specified by the timeframe whose action is deemed, by the user, to be noise.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes