Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM Strategy ChangeStopTarget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy ChangeStopTarget

I have an ATM Strategy integrated with a Ninjascript strategy and I'm trying to move my stops and targets both long and short. (not at the same time, obviously).. I know that with a one stop one target ATM on the long side the profit target is called "Target1" and the long side stop loss is called "Stop1". I also know that Long side "Target1" coincides with the limit price in the method code, and the long side "stop1" is the stop price in said code.

On the short side, the profit target is "target1" and should be the stop price in the method code correct? and I would set it as something like (Close[1] -5*tickSize) to make sure that Im not trying to set the target price higher than the current price?
    And the stop target "stop1" should be the limit price which would be written like (Close[1] + 5*tickSize)?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Hello MisterGee,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

It would be the opposite of what you stated. The Target1 would be the Profit Target and thus a Limit Order, and the Stop1 would be the Stop Loss and thus a Stop Order.

If you were short, the Profit Target (Limit Order) would need to be below the current market price and the Stop Loss (Stop Order) would need to be above the current market price.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post

If you were short, the Profit Target (Limit Order) would need to be below the current market price and the Stop Loss (Stop Order) would need to be above the current market price.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      That's where I was confused. I thought the short side profit target was supposed to be a stop order. Thanks!

Comment

display on entry box on chart trader

I dont have the atm "entry display" on chart trader ,I have to go to the "ATM strategy " area just to the right and activate it there.This doesnt seem corect to me?

Comment

Hello laredo787,

Are you having issues with NinjaTrader and ATM Strategies?

Could you please send in an image clarifying where and what you are having issues with in NinjaTrader?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
          Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response