Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Placing an order based on an incoming sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing an order based on an incoming sound

Hello All.

Ok I have a strange request. Can I somehow have ninjascript listen for a specific wav sound and trigger a buy when it hears that sound?

I have my thinkorswim set up to alert with a bell for specific buys and a ring for specific sells. It uses a few of their proprietary strategies so I am not able to perfectly duplicate this in ninjascript no matter what I try. Even worse, with ameritrade there is no way to autotrade off custom strategies. All I can do is back test my strategy via their charts.

Also thinkscript does not have any way of writing to a database that NT could then check.

Maybe there is another way to have NT interface with thinkscript that I don't know about?

Any advice is much appreciated

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

There would be no standard way to complete what you are asking between the two platforms unfortunately. likely any solution here would be a custom solution.

For what you are asking, i am unsure of any way to have C# recognize audio being played from the system, this would likely be a fairly difficult task. Would it be possible to have the strategy write to file what NinjaTrader needs to do?

NinjaTrader could actively monitor a file on the file system, in the case that the other strategy could write to file, you could potentially do that.

Another way would be if the strategy can write to file, you could utilize the OIF system in NinjaTrader. Essentially a text file is placed in the Documents/NinjaTrader 7/Incoming folder and it would place the order based on that signal. You can read more on this here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._files_oif.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post wzgy0920  
    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes