Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alert for RSI Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert for RSI Indicator

hello,

Being a complete novice to NT7 I am in the process of setting up my charts, indicators and strategies.
    I am currently running a MACD and RSI and so far have manged to tweak my indicators using various colours, so I have a better idea of what’s going on.
    I really want to setup alerts based on my indicators when they meet certain values but so far I can’t get this working. I have a small black dot that I place under each candlestick when the RSI is at 70 and I want to create an alert based on this so every time a dot is place I get a message telling me so, I have very basic programming skills and I am trying to do this using the NT builder, I’ve looked at other alerts but can see any based on or around this. I have been trying to create a new strategy with the conditions but no luck.

thanks

Hello Ninj4man,

I would highly recommend this Tips video from the NinjaTrader Tips YouTube channel, which demonstrates how to set up alerts through the strategy wizard.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to create alerts using the Strategy Wizard within NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrad...

In this video, at 1:30, there is a description of the Condition Builder. It sounds like you have visited this screen before to set up your existing condition for the black dot that appears when the RSI is at 70. However, if you are in any way unfamiliar with the Condition Builder, I would recommend starting there.

Otherwise, I would recommend starting the video at 1:55, where it will demonstrate step by step how to add an alert to your existing condition.

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help, or if you have any specific questions on any related topics.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jessica,

I want to add an Alert to an Indicator, not a Strategy. There is no such capability in the Indicator Wizard. Is this supported in NT 8? If not, is there a training video that shows how to do it in NT 7?

Thanks,

Geoff

Comment

I apologize, I missed that we were talking about an indicator instead of a strategy.

This is possible to do from an Indicator as well. However, you are correct in that you can not do this from the wizard. In this case, you will need to press the "View Code" button in the strategy wizard, copy the line of code for your Alert(); method, and paste it into your indicator's code.

Let me know if you would like some step by step instructions, and I will be happy to provide a short video.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes