Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy stop or buy stop limit orders can't be placed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy stop or buy stop limit orders can't be placed...

I have a strategy that take orders correctly most of the time in market replay. It appears that when there is very quick price movement and if my strategy fires an order, I occasionally get the error:

Buy stop or buy stop limit orders can't be placed below the market. affected Order: BuyToCover...

Please see attached image

Please advise
    Attached Files

Hello reynoldsn,

This indicates that between when your order is in the Initialized or Pending Submit states, and before it can reach the Accepted state, the market has moved in such a way that your order is no longer a valid type. This is the way stop limit orders are designed to work.

To enable me to provide better assistance, I would like to ask, does your strategy use the managed order entry methods at this link?

I am including a link to the Order States section of the Help Guide as well,

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the strategy uses managed orders. The other thing that happens is that when this condition occurs, I lose all the plots of the prior trades but they do show up on the Trades tab.
      Please advise.

Comment

We're happy to help in any way we can.

I would like to ask for some more information to aid me in assisting further. Could I ask for you to provide a screenshot of your chart, and a Microsoft Excel file?

Please e-mail these files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com . Please include this unique ticket ID in the body of your e-mail : 1501738 .

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        Click here for detailed instruction

To export the contents of your Trades tab to a Microsoft Excel file, right-click on the data in your Trades tab and select Grid -> Export to Excel.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Tim-c
        by Tim-c

Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM