Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bad Trade Plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Trade Plots

I am seeing cases when price movement is unusually fast, my strategy fails to take the trade correctly, getting in late. Almost all the time, the strategy functions correctly, so then I know the coding is "generally" correct. In the following screen-shot, the strategy was supposed to go short at the green circle but didn't get in on time. What can I do to handle this?
    Attached Files

Hi reynoldsn,

Just to be clear, the action taken was correct?
    In your log, was the order submitted at the right time?

How quick was the movement on the chart? (The time stamps at the bottom are not visible)

Was this a live order or a Sim101 order?

Is your computer is perfect sync with time.gov? (The clock sync is extremely important to have the data on the chart match the trades. Even a small amount of seconds difference between your computers time and internet time will start to show noticeable difference between real-time and historical data.

To sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • Click on Internet Time tab
    • In the Server: drop-down select time.nist.gov
    • Click Update
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)

Starting with Windows Vista and on through Windows 7 and 8, you can synchronize your clock with an internet-based server. This will ensure your computer time is always correct. Having the correct t…

After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by reynoldsn View Post
      I am seeing cases when price movement is unusually fast, my strategy fails to take the trade correctly, getting in late. Almost all the time, the strategy functions correctly, so then I know the coding is "generally" correct. In the following screen-shot, the strategy was supposed to go short at the green circle but didn't get in on time. What can I do to handle this?
      What kind of entry order are you using?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y  
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes