Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do you adjust Text font & Line thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you adjust Text font & Line thickness

Can anyone point me to where I can adjust Text font, Line thickness and symbol sizes for items that are printed on the chart as a result for a strategy. For example the size of an "up arrow" symbol. Or size of "my text" or "My line"

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

The Default drawing tools such as Up Arrow unfortunately can not have their sizes changed, this would be controlled by the scale of the chart.

Lines and Text can have their size changed in the objects properties. To access a Lines properties, first draw the line and then either double click on the line or single left click the line and right click to select properties.

Text would be the same process, you would need to access the texts Properties where you can adjust the Font which includes a size, weight and font choice.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

doesn't change default for strategy lined

Thank you for the quick reply, but it doesn't change the default for line calls coming from strategy for "my line". Clicked on a line recently drawn by strategy, increased line from 1 to 3 set default, ok. It did change the default for lines but it did not change the default for a line called by the strategy. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Comment

Hello yngtrader,

If you wish to change the width of lines drawn by your strategy, you will need to use the overload that accepts an integer for the width for DrawLine(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?drawline.htm

Code:
        DrawLine(string tag, bool autoScale, int startBarsAgo, double startY, int endBarsAgo, double endY, Color color, DashStyle dashStyle, int width)

or

DrawLine(string tag, bool autoScale, DateTime startTime, double startY, DateTime endTime, double endY, Color color, DashStyle dashStyle, int width)
        Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by yngtrader View Post
          Thank you for the quick reply, but it doesn't change the default for line calls coming from strategy for "my line". Clicked on a line recently drawn by strategy, increased line from 1 to 3 set default, ok. It did change the default for lines but it did not change the default for a line called by the strategy. Any other suggestions?

Thank you
          What method syntax are you using to draw the line?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DynamicTest  
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh