Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT: the best platform but it has a critical flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT: the best platform but it has a critical flaw

If you go in different traders forums, you probably could check that under my name, I honestly always recommend to juniors traders that using NT is a the most convenient and practical platform for automated trading, because is simple, powerful and reliable enough. Having said that and looking for a better NT platform, I must once again, expose a critical failure that has done harm to my database, that is built from IB tick data, which it means that is unrecoverable for practical terms because this data is different from any other data provider and IB has not historical data service.
    Here the issue:

If you're in a normal working trading day, downloading live data, but at the same time you want to do an optimization, this procedure will run perfectly, once the optimization is ready, let's say you want to look deeply into any combination of that analysis, and then you go to some Strategy Analyzer's down-Tab: Graphs, Trades, Periods....etc; once you tap on any of those tabs NT hangs totally and freezes for a while, afterwards then it comes back and you can watch the desired tab info, HOWEVER during this FROZEN time, the incoming live data is registered wrongly in the database, like it was a problem with some incoming data's queue was distorted or altered. This terrible issue is better seen in the 1-tick chart, when you'll see radical, unreal, non-sense and inexplicable price variation, which makes unreliable any future backtest with that data.

I've posted this matter to the exhaustion and still this issue has not had the due attention.

So, if you want to do the test, do this:

- Open NT7 under Windows10 64b
    - On working day connect to your realtime data provider, make sure that you don't have any other backup connection to rebuild the database
    - Once connected and downloading data, do some optimization.
    - When optimization is done, then Tap on any strategy's tab to look further into results
    - WATCH how NT do your requirement but it FREEZES for a while
    - When NT comes back all seems perfectly well but the incoming live data has been registered wrongly, to check this close NT and restart it again, do the same optimization and you'll see the face of this issue.

I really hope you pay the due attention to this.

Thanks in advance

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post RookieTrader