Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Manual Trade Monitoring Strategy/"Tool" :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Trade Monitoring Strategy/"Tool" :)

Hi,

I was wondering if it possible to code a strategy that only does money management. I want to be able to place all my trades manually with the strategy running. The strategy will not manage trades at all. It will just monitor profit and loss for the day.

For example: If I turn the strategy on, it monitors my trading activity. If I have a daily loss of $200 THEN it restricts me from placing any more trades manually. To be real fancy it could display: "Max Daily Loss Amount Reached: No more trading Allowed". It would not let allow me to place any more trades. Now I know I could just turn the strategy off & keep trading but this would be a good way to restrict my trading.

The other thing that would be handy is if it could send out a message for max daily profit too. For example say I reach $1000 for the day, message could display "Max Profit Reached: Would you like to End Manual Trading for the Day? with Yes/No option? Another friendly reminder to keep from overtrading. The only inputs would be max loss & max profit and possibly max # of trades as another limiting factor.

I think this would be a great strategy/"tool" for all traders to use. The idea is to use an "automated strategy" really as a management "tool" Probably not possible but thought I would ask for suggestions on how to code if it is possible. I have mild coding abilities, just need some guidance or if there are some amazing coders out there who would like to find a way to make this possible for everyone since it just a simple money management tool, that would be great too. Thanks for any response!!

-Tom

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your post.

We will respond to you on this matter at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=85559

Please keep items to a single thread. This ensures we are able to provide efficient support on your inquiry.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post mattbsea  
    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post RideMe