Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader CopyCat Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader CopyCat Strategy

We all are aware of various solutions for trade copying - e.g. from NT to MT4 or other platforms. What I am looking for is something a lot more simple. What I need to do is a simple copycat strategy that runs side by side with another and picks up what the first one is doing.

So if my main system is going long the EUR/USD and sets a stop and a target then I need the other to be aware of that activity. I know that account activity can be monitored and that may work. However is it possible to limit recorded activity to just one chart? This way I can drop the same copycat strategy into another chart which also runs the EUR/USD but is trading against a different system.

Hope this makes sense. Any insights/pointers welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hello molecool,

Thank you for your post.

There would not be a means in NinjaScript to pull only what one strategy is doing. You would need to pull what is occurring on the account. You could also write to an external file and read from that file in the copy cat strategy.

For information on read and write please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3477

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello molecool,

Thank you for your post.

There would not be a means in NinjaScript to pull only what one strategy is doing. You would need to pull what is occurring on the account. You could also write to an external file and read from that file in the copy cat strategy.

For information on read and write please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3477

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Understood - thanks for the quick feedback. Perhaps named pipes may be another alternative to using files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred