Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

request for a new NT8 sample strategy: ZONE CROSSOVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

request for a new NT8 sample strategy: ZONE CROSSOVER

Could anyone familiar with programming NT8 strategies post on the forum, with explanations of the various steps followed, a sample script of a strategy doing the following:
    Variables:
    GMA =Generic Moving Average (selectable among SMA, EXP, ADXVMA, WMA, …. Any other types of most common moving averages)
    SGMA = Slope of GMA
    ZONE = Ichimoku Cloud, support zone, resistance zone, envelope internal zone, Bollinger internal zone, ect… any type of zone defined/contained between an upper line/plot and a lower line/plot
    GO = Generic Oscillator
    THRS_1 = Threshold 1
    THRS_2 = Threshold 2
    ….
    THRS_n = Threshold n

Enter LONGS:
    When GMA crosses above ZONE with SGMA > THRS_1
    And
    GO crosses above THRS_2 while SGMA > THRS_3

Enter SHORTS:
    When GMA crosses below ZONE with SGMA < THRS_1
    And
    GO crosses below THRS_2 while SGMA < THRS_3

Alternatively, could programmers at Ninjatrader perhaps develop themselves such generic script and include it in the next beta release of NT8 as an additional sample strategy.

Currently there are just four sample strategies included in the platform: Sample ATM strategy, Sample MA crossover, Sample multi-instrument, Sample multi-timeframe.
    I would find very useful having more sample strategies to look at / learn from.

Thanks. Guidoisot.

Attached Files

Hello guidoisot,

Thank you for your post.

While NinjaTrader Support can point you in the right direction, we would not provide programming services.
    If you would like to develop your strategy yourself you can look to our educational resources as well as the reference samples.
    For the cross condition take a look at the SampleMaCrossover in NinjaTrader under Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Strategy.

For a selectable Moving Average please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3420

Comment

Hello Patrick,
      Thank you for your reply.
      I understand that NT8 scripting is much(?) easier than NT7's one. If this is true and given that I would be on a similar starting level for both NT7 and NT8, I have 3 questions:
      do you think it would be better/easier for me to try develop this sample strategy on NT7 or NT8 ?
      if I tried to use NT8 for this sample strategy exercise, would this imply much much longer response times from you, given that NT8 is still at beta stage?
      are you developing at NT a strategy wizard also for NT8? if so do you have an idea when aproximately it will be included in a new beta? As I do not know much about programming the strategy wizard would be a very helpful tool for me.
      Thanks. guidoisot

Comment

Hello guidoisot,

Thank you for your response.

I would say NinjaTrader 8 as you get a chance to learn what will be the production release. However, as you stated NinjaTrader 8 is still in beta. The ideas and overall logic would apply to both, so NinjaTrader 7 may be better in this case.

Response wise we try to get to the NinjaTrader 8 as quickly as possible but as you stated it is in beta and NinjaTrader 7 inquiries would hold priority at this time.

There is a Strategy Builder (what the Strategy Wizard is now being called) available in the latest Beta (11) which you can download from the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...en-us/beta.htm

Comment

Thank you very much.
          guidoisot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM