Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Extract data from databox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extract data from databox.

Can one extract data from the databox? If so, how?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

What specific value are you trying to get from the databox?

In regard to a strategy, it would have access to the base series it is applied to, along with any additional series you may add. Also you can call indicators from a strategy which would cover most items that display in the databox.

Depending on what you are trying to access, I could provide different help documentation on the various ways to access these different items.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

unique values

These are custom indicators but I can not find the indicator values except with the databox. I tried looking for the indicator but it is not found within the document folders of NT7. If I can extract the values from the databox then I can finish my strategy. I don't need OPEN CLOSE etc.

CHeers

Comment

databox

the data I am tryng to extract is from Panel 1, Panel 2, and Panel 3

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Depending on the item you are trying to access, you may or may not find it in the indicators folder. Any protected code will not be a .cs file or listed in the Edit indicators menu but would instead be a .dll file and listed in the Remove NinjaScript assembly menu.

You potentially can still access these items from code, often the most easy way is to contact the creator of those items and ask if they could provide the syntax needed for "a strategy to call the indicator from code".

Otherwise, please see this video on self discovery using the NinjaScript editor. In the case you know the Name of the indicator, you may be able to figure out the syntax by exploring using intelleprompt.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

The databox its self can not be accessed from code, but the data that is provided to that box can be accessed, it would just depend on the item you are trying to access for the specific syntax needed.

Comment

dll add reference but can not see methods

if you add a reference to Ninjatrader and one can not see the methods in order to get the data from the indicator how does one see the methods in the dll I tried using but can not see the dll

Comment

Found indicator

I finally found the indicator I want to access it is located at

ChartControl.Indicators[2]

To get the value from this indicator x bars back how do I get the value from it?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Had you tried the specific indicator name and not the dll name in the NinjaScript editor as shown in the video?

The ChartControl would not be a correct way to access an indicator from a strategy, this would not be synced with the strategy and would only apply specifically on a chart. The indicator would need to be correctly called by its name instead.

If you have tried the specific indicators name and can not see any results, you may need to contact the vendor to find out the correct syntax.

Comment

The indicator name

The indicator name is called Con Ves that is what is shown in the Data box. I searched for all indicators and that name was located at ChartControl.Indicators[2]

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

In this case if the indicator has a custom name, it would likely be hard to find the actual name of the indicator used in scripting. I would suggest to contact the vendor at this point to see if they can provide sample code.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                    0 responses