Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting an indicator into strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just added alerts,audible and e-mail and it`s working with the indicator.I wonder maybe there`s a way to pass the alerts signals to a strategy somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by outsource View Post
      The strategy is fine,it calls any indicators i put in.
      The strategy is evidently not working with the code, or you would not have posed the question. That the strategy works with other indicators is apropos of nothing. The only issue is that the strategy is not working with the indicator code that you posted. That is the only issue.
      And that`s NOT a stolen code,it`s available for free download.Plus there`s nothing that be telling do not change or do anithing with the code.If that was the case i wouldn`t put it here.The reason i put it here was just the author that didn`t reply for the request.
      I never said that the code was stolen. I said that I do not look at anybody else's secret code, so that I cannot later be accused of stealing the code. I can only be accused of stealing code if I have seen it, so by not looking, I cannot be accused.

If you want to put up the strategy code, once it is on an open forum, I am willing to look at it and see if I can help. You did not put up the strategy code; only the indicator code, so I have to presume that you wanted to keep the strategy code secret. That is why I cannot help any further. Of course, if NT support is willing to look at your code without it being posted publicly, that would be ideal. Otherwise you can take a chance on posting your strategy code, and see if one of us users can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        The strategy is evidently not working with the code, or you would not have posed the question. That the strategy works with other indicators is apropos of nothing. The only issue is that the strategy is not working with the indicator code that you posted. That is the only issue.

I never said that the code was stolen. I said that I do not look at anybody else's secret code, so that I cannot later be accused of stealing the code. I can only be accused of stealing code if I have seen it, so by not looking, I cannot be accused.

If you want to put up the strategy code, once it is on an open forum, I am willing to look at it and see if I can help. You did not put up the strategy code; only the indicator code, so I have to presume that you wanted to keep the strategy code secret. That is why I cannot help any further. Of course, if NT support is willing to look at your code without it being posted publicly, that would be ideal. Otherwise you can take a chance on posting your strategy code, and see if one of us users can help you.
        Yes,i want to keep the strategy code secret as it cost me about $2K(several itterations),and it`s well worth it.I think it`s reasonable not posting it here.I can send it to you personally,though,if you wish and be willing to assist.It would be a fair exchange,i belive(your time and help vs the source code of the strategy).

Comment

Originally posted by outsource View Post
          Hello,Support!

Have no problem to get any indicator into strategy,but there`s one i can`t figure why it`s not showing on the chart.The strategy compiles,all the parts in place,but the indicator shows only partially and not being called via strategy.Could you please suggest the reason what may cause the indicator to show up just partially and not being called?

Thank you!
          Hello,

Thanks for your post.

To assist, please send your log and trace files into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com, mark as atten:Paul and a link to this thread.

In addition to the files, please include in the email further information of:

1) Advise what day you applied this (so I can find in log/trace files)
          2) advise the instrument and time frames used.
          3) provide the code used to add the indicator to the chart through the strategy.
          4) Provide a screenshot of, "...the indicator shows only partially".
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
            Hello,

Thanks for your post.

To assist, please send your log and trace files into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com, mark as atten:Paul and a link to this thread.

In addition to the files, please include in the email further information of:

1) Advise what day you applied this (so I can find in log/trace files)
            2) advise the instrument and time frames used.
            3) provide the code used to add the indicator to the chart through the strategy.
            4) Provide a screenshot of, "...the indicator shows only partially".
            Hi,Paul!

Sent!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM