Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Development w/ Unmanaged Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Development w/ Unmanaged Orders

Are there any code examples/strategies other than the 2 examples provided in the Strategy Reference Samples? The help guide isn't enough for me to figure all the nuances of the events and objects - OnExecutions, OnOrderUpdate, IOrder, etc...I can't seem to find anything other than the material provide in your help guide and the 2 examples. Can you please point me in the direction to get more material on your Unmanaged Order? Thanks in advance.

Hello d.allen101,

Thank you for your note.

I suggest searching the forum as there are a lot of great indicators and strategies you can download and look at the code. I’ve provided some examples of indicators/strategies which includes the use of items you mention in your inquiry as well as a link to a collection of reference samples. You can download the code at the bottom of the pages.

OnOrderUpdate: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4804

OnExecutions and IOrder: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=7499

Reference: Table of Contents. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=3220\

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much.
      Last edited by d.allen101; 08-23-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Hello d.allen101,

Thank you for your response.

The Unamanaged Approach removes the safety net present with Managed Approach. This means you have to implement your own means to monitor orders, executions, positions, etc. You can still call the functions available for assistance like OnExecution, OnOrderUpdate, and OnPositionUpdate, but you would want to make sure you understood those functions and information they provide. Developing an Unmanaged Approach based strategy is generally reserved for advanced programmers with an understanding of the functions they will need. Essentially, there is no hand holding in Unmanaged Approach, it is up to you to develop the full system.

While examples have been explored in the past for Unmanaged Approach, nothing is going to cover all the bases and be one solid system without the need to provide extensive code in the strategy. The samples available in the application, the help guide, and on the support forum are for ideas to be presented to beginners in NinjaScript or as a quick reference for those who are advancing in NinjaScript development.

The NinjaTrader application is a free application that you can learn NinjaScript in Managed or Unmanaged Approach for your strategies. You only need to purchase when you choose to go live.
        If Unmanaged Approach is the biggest selling point to you it would be worth while to take your time in learning it in the application for free.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses