Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Camarilla Points Unmanaged - Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camarilla Points Unmanaged - Errors

I am trying to run this strategy CamarillaPointsATS that I downloaded on Sim101/FXCM. NT7.

I get errors that it can't put the Buy Stop or Sell Stop orders on as they are Rejected : Rejected: Buy stop or buy stop limit orders can't be placed below the market.

Also when I backtest this strategy, it makes no sense. Orders are executed but no corresponding Stop and Limit orders are executed for the StopLoss and Profit targets. If I look at the orders tab, shouldn't I see the Stop and Limit orders

Anyone know how to fix these issues ? I am trying to find good examples of Unmanaged strategies, but I guess this isn't one. I am used to JForex, and Mql4/5 so trying to compare to NT. Hope some of the issues that plague NT7 are fixed in NT8. (Inflight Execution, not unique OrderIds, no way to just Order.Close(price, slippage), inability to, can't zoom out on charts ie the 5 minute and see a day or two)

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Hello maryfromcolorado,

Thank you for your post.

I am not seeing the same behavior from the CamarillaPointsATSUnmanaged in NinjaTrader 7.

Did you download this from the following link? - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=5&linkid=571

Have you altered the code in any way?

Can you provide a screenshot of the settings used for your backtest?

Comment

Yes that is where I downloaded it from and I have not changed the strategy at all. The Unmanaged one is the one I am running.

Here are the settings for backtesting.

Are you saying you don't see the Rejected when running Sim101 ?

Or that you don't see the backtest issue with Stop and Limit orders not generated.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello maryfromcolorado,

I am not seeing either behavior on my end.

For the Backtest, can you detail further what you mean by "Orders are executed but no corresponding Stop and Limit orders are executed for the StopLoss and Profit targets"?

For the Live test, can you send us your log and trace files?
        Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please put 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1576167' in the subject line.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post inanazsocial  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader