Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AddChartIndicator()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AddChartIndicator()

I have added an indicator to my strategy with AddChartIndicator during state.configure.

I would like my strategy to calculate on bar close and my indicator to calculate on price change. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,
    eleven

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

In this case I don't believe this would be possible. Because the Strategy controls the indicators Calculate setting, it would also be on Bar close.

Potentially you could use OnEachTick instead. In the strategy you could filter logic based on the IsFirstTickOfBar which could essentially represent the bar close, and in the indicator you could compare the Close price to a stored variable to check if the price had changed to complete logic. In theory this could potentially work, but depending on the logic this could also cause problems. This would also assume the indicator gets called for each tick, if it was called from the IsFirstTickOfBar logic it would only be called sometimes which may not be when the price changes.

Outside of creating your own logic to handle the situation using OnEachTick, I could not see a way this would be possible.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post The_Sec
    by The_Sec

Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM