Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 Not saving strategy info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Not saving strategy info.

Hi all - I loaded up a strategy I've developed into ~50 charts. Enabled the strategy on most, but not all of the charts. Clicked on 'Strategies' tab in main control panel and verified they were enabled by checking the enable box for each occurrence.

Then I right clicked on a strategy header, selected 'Grids --> Properties' and pruned the list of colums displayed down to 3 or 4 columns.

Looks good.

Lastly, I saved the workspace, then shutdown Ninja.

When I brought up Ninja, the pruned list of columns was gone and I had all of the various columns showing under the 'Strategies' tab on the main control panel. Also, ALL of the strategies were disabled. Apparently, the changes I made did not get saved.

So, what do I need to do to have Ninja load up the strategies, with some enabled and some disabled, along with retaining the pruned list under the strategies tab?

Also, is the strategies info saved in the Ninja workspace or some other file? If elsewhere, what is the name/location of that file?

Hello AMATX,

Thank you for your note.

Regarding the columns returning after a restart, what version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Control Center>Help>About) Ex 8.0.0.08.

There is no means to automatically have the strategies enable on start up.

You can however enable all strategies at once by going to the Control Center > Strategies tab > hold SHIFT on your keyboard > left click on the first strategy at the top > then left click on the strategy at the bottom of the list on the Strategies tab > release SHIFT > right click > select Enable Strategy.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi - thx for responding. I'm running NT7, version 7.0.1000.31

I understand your bit about no enabling at startup and how to do 'em all at once, so only other issue is why the grid config info is not being saved. I only need 2-3 of the available columns to be displayed in the alert window and would like to not show all of the other columns.

Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of NT7 ?

Comment

Hello,

I would like to schedule a support call with you to look into this further.

Please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, a phone number I can reach you at and a time window where I can call you (please include a time zone).

I look forward to our support call.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
          Hello AMATX,

Thank you for your note.

Regarding the columns returning after a restart, what version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Control Center>Help>About) Ex 8.0.0.08.

There is no means to automatically have the strategies enable on start up.

You can however enable all strategies at once by going to the Control Center > Strategies tab > hold SHIFT on your keyboard > left click on the first strategy at the top > then left click on the strategy at the bottom of the list on the Strategies tab > release SHIFT > right click > select Enable Strategy.

I look forward to your reply.
          A little experimentation and I found it easier to highlight a row, press Ctl-A, which then highlights ALL of the strategies, then right click and select enable/disable. At least there's a way to handle groups of strategies
          Last edited by AMATX; 11-04-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by hdge4u, 04-29-2024, 12:23 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post MisterTee  
          Started by llanqui, 01-25-2024, 06:15 PM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post MisterTee