Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Additional tick bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional tick bars

Hi,
    I am new for this forum. I have a requirement on plotting trading bars, let me explain.
    During tick by tick or minute chart loading in the Ninja Trader, I wanted to add my own data and see the charts. How to do this?

For example if a APPLE stock trades at $108.10 at 10:00 AM, I want a new tick data as $109.10 and time would be at 10:01 AM. The data 108.10 is live tick and 109.10 is my calculated data.

I have my own trading strategy and hence I wanted to add some junk/fake data to the real one and make some analysis and come up with my decision.

Hope you understand my requirement.

Thanks
    mj

Hello ntrmj,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

You can import historical data in NinjaTrader. This means you can create your own data if you wish or download it from another source and then import it into NinjaTrader for use on charts and backtesting your strategy in the Strategy Analyzer.

The data must conform to the format detailed at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../importing.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello ntrmj,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

You can import historical data in NinjaTrader. This means you can create your own data if you wish or download it from another source and then import it into NinjaTrader for use on charts and backtesting your strategy in the Strategy Analyzer.

The data must conform to the format detailed at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../importing.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Hi,

Your suggestion is for offline charts, I wanted to add fake data in the charts during live trading session in the charts.

thanks
      mj

Comment

Originally posted by ntrmj View Post
        Hi,

Your suggestion is for offline charts, I wanted to add fake data in the charts during live trading session in the charts.

thanks
        mj
        I am unaware of a way to manipulate real-time data from a data provider.

You may be interested in connecting to the 'Simulated Data Feed' as this is internally simulated real-time data (no relation to actual market data) and will allow you to trend the market up or down as you please.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post samish18