Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

script autotrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

script autotrading

I have a very simple question.
    Maybe this question has been answered before but I was not able to find the information.
    So I had someone made a script for me with just enter in different direction.
    Initially we put stop but that didn't work out because in that precise moment another order was made in opposite direction. So it end up doubling order. So we got rid of stop and it worked fine. But we would like to put stop loss and profit target into our equation and when we did that whenever stop loss is triggered the script strategy just stops and does not get back in when the condition is met again. Is that normal?

It should get back in to trading when we were tapped out from stop loss previous trade when the script strategy is on?

Thank you .

Hello sk_future, and thank you for your question.

The internal order handling rules were responsible for your strategy behaving the way it has been. I am including them in this post for reference. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Originally posted by http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/managed_approach.htm
    The following rules are true per unique signal name:

Methods that generate orders to enter a position will be ignored if:
    A position is open and an order submitted by an exit method (ExitLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction
    A position is open and an order submitted by a set method (SetStopLoss() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction
    The strategy position is flat and an order submitted by an enter method (EnterLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction
    The entry signal name is not unique

Methods that generate orders to exit a position will be ignored if:
    A position is open and an order submitted by an enter method (EnterLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction
    A position is open and an order submitted by a set method (SetStopLoss() for example) is active

Set() methods that generate orders to exit a position will be ignored if:
    A position is open and an order submitted by an enter method (EnterLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction
    A position is open and an order submitted by an exit method (ExitLongLimit() for example) is active
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes