Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategy help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy help

hello

my strategy is not taking trades... the strat should be taking trades when the sniper targeter oscillator Value 1 crosses above/below Value 2. (Value 1 is the solid green line...Value 2 is the dotted purple line). please see below attachment of chart.

However, for the sake of making this question less complicated..We will just discuss long trades..there is a screenshot below...the blue ellipses represent (long) trade entry areas

so here is my question:

how do I program Value 1 to Cross Above Value 2 for the strat to enter a long position?

I thought I accomplished this in strategy wizard but its not working for me. I cannot copy and paste a screenshot while working in strategy wizard..not sure why? but hopefully you will know what I mean with the below NG screenshot Ive included.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shooly76; 12-11-2016, 04:23 PM.

FWIW..the goal here is to automate the emini sniper crossover indicator..and turn into a tradeable strategy

Comment

Hello shooly76, and thank you for your question.

The attached strategy places a trade when the dotted purple long period SMA line crosses above the short period solid green SMA line. You will need to color and style lines from the indicators screen. You can bring up this screen on your chart with the running strategy by pressing ctrl + i. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
      Attached Files
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks jessica..but that is not what I need.. I have no idea what to do with it. also.. ctrl + i does not pull up the example strategy you attached. it pulls up properties of my current chart. I also tried to copy and paste example strategy..but not sure where I should paste..lol.

my strategy is an indicator/oscillator cross above/below.. not an SMA crossover. SMA crossover is very simple to program in strategy wizard. but I cant seem to figure out how to program Value 1 to cross above Value 2.

Is there anything else you can do to help? I would love to be able to do this within the strategy wizard. but any way I can do it will be great.

maybe a screenshot of strategy wizard...or a link to a tutorial of how to program this (Value 1 cross above Value 2) buy signal with ninja script?

Comment

I have included a short video where I configure the strategy we put together on a chart. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you soooo much Jessica! that video is exactly what I needed. plot on chart = true

I think because I couldnt see the earlier attachment..I misunderstood you about the SMA vs indicator thing. my bad.

Happy holidays!
            Attached Files

Comment

I think NT and the support team here is absolutely top-notch!

I mean.. to be able to convert a great trading system (but no automated option)-- into an automated strategy is an incredible thing!

Now I need to work on my exits..may need help..lol..hopefully not tho

I love ninja trader!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Tim-c
              by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
              0 responses