• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

wizard generated variable not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wizard generated variable not working

I'm having issues with the wizard generated variables - namely they don't seem to work when I update them (the value reverts to the default no matter what I do).

If I change the parameter from the control center screen it does appear to save at first, but as soon as I enable the strategy it reverts to the default value.

I first created the strategy using the wizard and then unlocked the code....not sure if that's an issue but thought I'd mention it just in case.

I have a license but I had the same issue when I was using a sim account. I only have one paramater/wizard generated variable and it is just an integer that I use in a simple calculation in the script. I am definitely using a valid value and I set the default (and minimum) to 1 when I first created the variable.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Hello newuser,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure what you mean by control center screen, please post a screenshot of where you are changing the variable prior to enabling the strategy.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am referring to the strategies tab which appears in the control center.

I have created a variable (called account in the screenshot) and I can change the value, but as soon as I enable the strategy it defaults back to the value of 1. I have tested the strategy and confirmed that it is indeed using the number 1 in the calculation, rather than the number that I enter.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello newuser,

Thanks for your reply.

Please post your strategy source code file for review.

Alternatively, if you prefer, please feel free to write into PlatformSupport[at] NinjaTrader and attach your source code file to your e-mail. Mark the e-mail atten:Paul and include a link to this thread.

The strategy source code file can be found in Documents>NinjaTrader7>bin>Custom>Strategy> and will have a .CS extension.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by superkolleech, Today, 12:46 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post MojoJojo  
        Started by davidwade, Today, 02:51 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes