Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need help with Condition Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Condition Builder

Hi, I'm new to NinjaTrader and need a little help with the Condition Builder on Strategy Wizard.

I read the User Help Guide, and can't find how to set a very basic strategy to run solely on the indicators and NOT the price.

For instance: I'm trying to set the conditions for a strategy to Enter Long when the ParSar crosses below the 5-SMA. And to Enter Short when it crosses above the 5-SMA.

I set the conditions to do that, but it seems to enter based on when the price (candle) crosses the 5-SMA and not the ParSar dot.

Any suggestions out there? Thanks very much!

Amber

Here is an image to get you started.

This is how to build the condition:

PSAR crosses below 5 period SMA
    Attached Files
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply

Thanks Ray, I appreciate your reply.

I did that when I set the conditions. The problem I seem to have is that when I set the Action to enter long and exit short, it engages the trade when the candle/price crosses the 5-SMA and not the ParSar dot.

I need to know if there is a way to set the condition to only engage based on the indicator and NOT the price/candle.

Can you help me with that part please?

Thanks again!

Amber

Comment

Still need some help with the Condition Builder

Can anyone please help me with this?

I need to know if there is a way to set the condition to only engage based on the indicator and NOT the price/candle.

I set up the conditions on the Strategy Wizard, the problem I'm having is the trade engages when the price/candle crosses the 5-SMA, NOT the ParSar dot. I just need the trade to enter on the indicator alone.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Amber

Comment

What I showed you does exaclty what you want and NOT when price crosses the SMA. It could very well be that price crosses the SMA at the same time but I assure you that this condition checks the value of PSAR as crossing below.

Comment

Ok Ray, I try it again and see what happens.

Thanks for your help!

Amber

Comment

Need help with Crossover Conditions

Hi, it's me again. I attached a screenshot of the problem I'm having with the Crossovers.

Please tell me how to set the conditions so the trade only enters and exits when the EMAs cross and not when the candle/price touches the EMA.

I have this same issue with the PSar indicator, I really want to know what to change when I'm setting the Condition Builder so the trades only engage on the indicators.

Thanks for your help!

Amber
              Attached Files

Comment

Those exits occur since when running a strategy you have "Exit on close" set to true. This means on the final bar of the day, your position is exited. Set this value to false and it will do what you want.

Comment

Is this where to mark it as "False"?

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.

Please take a look at my screenshot and let me know if this is where you're talking about that should be marked "false".

It's the only place I can see to change it from true to false.

Thanks again!

Amber
                  Attached Files

Comment

Its not found in the wizard.

When you run run a backtest or run a strategy in a chart or the strategeis tab, there is a Strategy dialog box that you must first review and press "OK" in order to run the strategy. "Exit on close" is found there.

Comment

Crossover Entry Question

Thanks Ray! Your last post fixed the problem I was having, it's working great now!

Question: Is it possible to set the strategy so the trade enters at the 1st candle after the crossover and not the 2nd candle?

(I attached a screenshot)

If I can enter and exit at the 1st candle, it would make a big difference.

Thanks again!

Amber
                      Attached Files

Comment

Control Center Strategy Tab Question

It's me again.

Can you help me understand how the Control Center Strat Tab calculates the dollar amounts?

I set my strategy to go back 45 days. Attached is a screenshot of the dollar amounts for each pair. It seems strange that some are a few dollars (GBPJPY) and others are thousands (EURUSD)??

How can I tell how many lots are being traded? (mini or standard)

Is there a way to run a history or report so I can see how far back these trades went?

Thanks very much! I can't wait to go live!!

Amber
                        Attached Files

Comment

How do you keep auto trading turned on?

Ok, I've been all through the Help Guide and can't find the answer.

How do I keep my auto trades running 24/7 when I turn my computer off?

When I try to exit, it asks if I really want to shut down.

Thanks for your help!

Amber

Comment

Amber,

I don't think this is possible without hosting on a server somewhere. I'm pretty sure your computer has to be running 24/7 for your strategy to work.

I am new to NinjaTrader also, but that's how other platforms work that I know about.

Are you running it in live mode or just forward testing (no $$$)?

Originally posted by amberwest View Post
                            Ok, I've been all through the Help Guide and can't find the answer.

How do I keep my auto trades running 24/7 when I turn my computer off?

When I try to exit, it asks if I really want to shut down.

Thanks for your help!

Amber

Comment

@ambwest:
                              - all your NinjaScript strategies will be shutdown as you shut down NT
                              - ATM strategies will be restarted automatically as reconnect, but not NS strategies
                              - you can run reports on your historical trades on the "Account performance" tab

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-23-2024, 09:53 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH