Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Variables Created Not Showing in BackTest Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variables Created Not Showing in BackTest Panel

Hello,

I have a few questions please. I am struggling on creating new user defined inputs after unlocking the strategy wizard code.

1. I used the Strategy Wizard to create some user defined inputs Breakeven, StopLoss, and Profit Target. The show in the back test panel so I can adjust them before clicking back test. See attachment Screenshot_11.png

2. When I unlock the code, and add other variables, I do not see the inputs in the back test panel. Screenshot_12.png

3. Also, what screenshot_13.png means? I notice this was at the bottom of my code. Do I need to add all new variables here or was this generated by the strategy wizards.

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thanks for your post.

In the wizard when you create the user defined variables the wizard created the corresponding properties to connect the inputs to your code. Now that you have unlocked the code, if you want additional user inputs you would need to code them similar to what you have in the #region Properties. For further reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5782
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thanks for your post.

In the wizard when you create the user defined variables the wizard created the corresponding properties to connect the inputs to your code. Now that you have unlocked the code, if you want additional user inputs you would need to code them similar to what you have in the #region Properties. For further reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5782
      Thank you so much Paul.

You right, i can just copy paste or just use the wizard strategy to create the user defined inputs, click view code, then copy the user defined code produced by the wizard into the unlock code. Then I will have the user defined inputs in the unlock code like I want.

I belive this is the importance of always keeping the original wizard produce code locked, and then make a copy of it , then unlock for those customize code needs.

Do I sound right? Thank you

Comment

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, using the strategy builder to generate the code is a great way to see the code that you can copy and paste into unlocked code.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post nandhumca  
        Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes