Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Get ATM strategy selection mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get ATM strategy selection mode

From Ninjascript, is it possible to get which ATM strategy selection mode has been selected in the Chart Trader properties?
    The Trading Mantis
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Currently, there is no inherited properties object for the chart trader similar to ChartControl.Properties.. I will put in a feature request for this.

You can access the ChartTrader control its self, but the actual properties object used to populate the control is not accessible.

There is a guide on how to access the chart trader here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...44&postcount=7

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse, having that feature will be helpful.

I am using the add-on Account.CreateOrder and StartAtmStrategy to extend the functionality of the Chart Trader. If the ATM strategy selection mode is not set to "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission", I get an exception when trying to submit a second order with a second StartAtmStrategy. I am having to use a try/catch block to workaround the problem, which is not ideal.
      The Trading Mantis
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Comment

Hello gregschr,

I am replying to you on behalf of my colleague Jesse.

At the current time, we cannot provide further assistance for detecting AtmStrategySelectionMode or using it to scale into a new ATM strategy.

In addition to AtmStrategySelectionMode being inaccessible, the overload for StartAtmStrategy does not return the necessary information to allow you to scale in.

There is a feature request to add an overload for StartAtmStrategy that will return the order ID's that would allow you to create you own scaling in behavior. That ticket ID is SFT-2513.

I will submit a feature request for this on your behalf. Feature requests are listed in the Release Notes section of the Help Guide when they are filled. As feature requests are filled based off of the priorities of our development team, we cannot offer an ETA.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further help.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes