Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Re-positioning indicator label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-positioning indicator label

Hi I don't know if there's a suggestion box here or anything like that but I have an idea that would help me a lot with identifying easily what I'm looking at better when trading.
    Being able to re position the label for an indicator over to near the upper right hand side of the chart.
    I use multiple iterations of the same chart with different time lines and a global cross hair which I position near where line cross overs happen on the main candlestick chart with a separate chart with nothing but my bounded indicators on it. Because this is almost always underneath the main chart the label for the given indicator is hidden. Since I'm often looking for divergences and some divergences are more important than others it would be good to be able to see the label of which indicator I'm looking at easier than maybe trying to recall in a fast moving market. Being able to position the label so that it's indexed maybe 20% away from the right hand side of the chart, would be just about perfect.

I don't know if this is already a feature, and great thinking if it is, but I can't find a button for it if it is a feature.

Hello Daryl Haaland,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have forwarded your feedback to our development team for consideration in a future update of NinjaTrader. I will be following up here with a unique tracking ID for this feature request when it has been made available.

Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Haaland View Post
      Hi I don't know if there's a suggestion box here or anything like that but I have an idea that would help me a lot with identifying easily what I'm looking at better when trading.
      Being able to re position the label for an indicator over to near the upper right hand side of the chart.
      I use multiple iterations of the same chart with different time lines and a global cross hair which I position near where line cross overs happen on the main candlestick chart with a separate chart with nothing but my bounded indicators on it. Because this is almost always underneath the main chart the label for the given indicator is hidden. Since I'm often looking for divergences and some divergences are more important than others it would be good to be able to see the label of which indicator I'm looking at easier than maybe trying to recall in a fast moving market. Being able to position the label so that it's indexed maybe 20% away from the right hand side of the chart, would be just about perfect.

I don't know if this is already a feature, and great thinking if it is, but I can't find a button for it if it is a feature.
      Why not just write it there, using Draw.TextFixed()?

Comment

Absolutely!! Thank you for your consideration and yeah I'm loving the updates so far in the new platform. You guys have truly created something here that is state of the art and I'de love to help you to make it even more user friendly with customizability for whatever format of desktop a user might want to configure. Here's hoping NT9 widens the distance already between you guys and MT4 and is as big a leap forward as NT8 was over NT7 Keep kicking butt.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Why not just write it there, using Draw.TextFixed()?
          That's a great idea too, and will work GREAT in the interim!! (Slaps forehead like the old, "I could have had a V8" commercials)
          Last edited by Daryl Haaland; 09-09-2017, 07:18 PM. Reason: missed a quotation mark and a cople smilies

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Haaland View Post
            That's a great idea too, and will work GREAT in the interim!! (Slaps forehead like the old, "I could have had a V8" commercials)

Although .... I might be missing something I just tried doing that and it wants to attach the text to a time on the indicator rather than hover over the window detached from the data being created at the hard right edge of the screen. Yes it does write text where I can read it but now I'd have to keep moving my labels. I'd be better off hanging a strip of paper taped to my monitor frame. LOL. I'll keep figuring it out, loving the new functionality of the updated platform though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jclose
            by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
            10 responses
            0 likes