• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Want to develop an add-on to consume a REST API

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to develop an add-on to consume a REST API

Hi,

I would like to develop my own data adapter to consume a third-party REST API.

Here is an example of such a third-party data adapter -- https://ninjatools.studio/bitfinex-n...r-bitcoin-demo

However, I have found the above adapter to be very buggy and crashes NT8. I am not interested in the External/DLL approach because I want to utilize the historical data functionality of the API which I intend to consume.

How can I develop a data adapter for NT8 which I can import and use to consume a REST API?

Hello MattR,

Thank you for your post.

We do not have an API development kit or support for such an item available. The only option we can provide is the External/DLL approach as you detailed.

DLL interface Help Guide documentation: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._interface.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi PatrickH,

I understand that it is not officially supported to add a connection adapter, however obviously the functionalities exists. I began looking at the NT API but upon decompiling the connection adapter DLLs, I realized much to my dismay that the code is obfuscated. I do not understand why you have obfuscated the code for such connection adapters as the Google finance API. I cannot imagine that there is any licensed nor proprietary code within that library.

I am not requesting support. However, having source code access to a functioning example such as the Google Finance connection adapter would be immensely helpful and save considerable time in my endeavor. I would be greatly appreciative of the gesture.

I will write the connection adapter I desire with or without your assistance, but it would be most excellent to have the basic assistance of a functional model instead of stabbing in the dark to understand the undocumented API.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Hello again, PatrickH,

Yes, you can be of further assistance.

Kindly provide me with unobfuscated example code utilizing the IProvider API and/or documentation and/or information about how I may be permitted to access documentation for that interface.

Comment

Hello MattR,

Thank you for your response.

We would not provide the internal source code for any of the APIs supported in NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
          Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

MattR -> did you find out how to consume a REST API? There must be way since they have already done it. I am struggling also on none or very poor NT classes documentation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sawtooth500, Today, 12:59 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Spencer  
            Started by Steve L, Yesterday, 09:36 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate