• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unit testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit testing

Is there a practical way to unit test NinjaScript code (e.g. custom stratgies, indicators, add-ons)?

Is any one using any harnesses that might work for this?

Hello AnotherTrader,

Thank you for the post.

This item is likely going be best answered by the community members who have experience with this specific concept as this is not something our support would have direct information on.

From my knowledge of unit testing, it would likely be possible to access NinjaScript objects from the test. However, in contrast to how unit testing works, it may not be directly possible to recreate accurately what the platform does with the objects you would be testing (indicator, strategy). There are many steps required in correctly instantiating a NinajScript object that happens internally so that portion of this concept would not easily be recreated in a test.

If any other community members have further information on this topic, I am sure they will post their knowledge here as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Erwin Beckers, Today, 01:23 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Erwin Beckers  
    Started by Mark Taylor, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes