Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Heiken Ashi Range Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heiken Ashi Range Bars

Is it possible to make a new Bars Type for Heiken Ashi range bars? I'm aware there are several Indicators available that enable Heiken Ashi Range bars. However the OHLC values can't be passed to other indicators.

Is there some kind of technical limitation to the BarsType API that makes Heiken Ashi range bars impossible?

Hello kevinenergy,
    Thanks for your post.

I do not think this is impossible. This likely has not been added to NinjaTrader yet because there are no wicks on Renko or Range bars to apply the Heiken Ashi smoothing to. That being said, I do see that this is an active feature request being tracked by the development team and I will have your vote added.

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-474. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
      Hello kevinenergy,
      Thanks for your post.

This likely has not been added to NinjaTrader yet because there are no wicks on Renko or Range bars to apply the Heiken Ashi smoothing to.
      Hi JoshG,

I just wanted to mention that Range bars will sometimes have 1 wick (either a high or a low wick). The other wick will be equal to the open or close.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinenergy View Post
        Is it possible to make a new Bars Type for Heiken Ashi range bars? I'm aware there are several Indicators available that enable Heiken Ashi Range bars. However the OHLC values can't be passed to other indicators.

Is there some kind of technical limitation to the BarsType API that makes Heiken Ashi range bars impossible?
        Setup the range bar chart and apply the Heiken-Ashi indicator to the chart. Yes the Heiken-Ashi indicator OHLC values are public exposed values that can be called from other indicators.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Pattontje  
        Started by abdo22, Yesterday, 03:15 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton