Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Function reference for creating custom connections in Ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Function reference for creating custom connections in Ninjascript

So I understand the bitmex addon for ninjatrader does not support trading and is datafeed only.

I'm keen to translate their API calls (which do support tx) into something workable in ninjascript if possible, is there any reference info/implementation on setting up a custom connection for order generation, or perhaps a file I can look at for already configured connections within the ninjascript editor?

I'm guessing I need to handle:

Authentication

passing orders

getting fill notifications.

The addon I'm referring too is here:

Releases of the BitMEX NinjaTrader Adapter. Contribute to BitMEX/ninjatrader-bitmex development by creating an account on GitHub.

Is there any technical limitations preventing me from coding a ninjascript addon to support transactions?

with thanks.

Conall

Hello Conall,

There is a 3rd party addon for bitmex created for NinjaTrader 8.

Below is a link to a forum post with the details.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...t%C3%A9gration

Once connected, the data comes in like any other instrument and NinjaScripts can be used the same.

Anything further directly with the Bitmex API other than connecting and using the data for supported NinjaScripts would be outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support. However, this thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, this is the addon I was talking about.

My Query is less about the actual addon and more about ninjascript.

Is there a ninjascript reference for writing my own addons to handle connections? I want to write a solution for that which is missing using a combination of Ninjascript and C#

Comment

Hello Conall,

There are no reference samples on connecting to 3rd party APIs. This would be general C# and would be outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support.

However, this thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes