Collapse

Live Bitcoin/USD in Ninja (At Last!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are barking up the wrong tree.. NT has never cared what it's customers want... They still don't even support Osaka Futures Exchange and the Nikkei 225 mini, the second most liquid equity derivative contract in the world.. do you really think they care about any of these bitcoin exchanges... They still can't get their hokey piece of junk NT8 to work cleanly and smoothly with the exchanges they do support.. .total piece of garbage software and company, imo...

Comment

They'll probably delete this thread too..

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        NinjaTrader did not develop the BitMEX add-on.
        I believe it is high time it did, and not only for BitMEX, but also for other major crypto exchanges. It should be clear by now that cryptotrading is here to stay, and is way to go.

Comment

so I'm just testing out this api from bitmex, installed the latest api and connected, but no instruments show up. I tried to load xbt/usd after searching for it in instruments, but when I try to add it to an instrument list I get an error message and then ninja crashes. Can you guys detail how you are able to set this up to make it work? I tried to edit the instrument before adding it to a list but I couldn't figure anything out... thanks

Comment

this is the error message I get when trying to add the xbt/ust symbol to a list, without any editing to its properties....
            Attached Files

Comment

All the instruments provided by BitMEX after installtion of the add-on have 'BitMEX' in the description. Search for 'BitMEX' when in an instrument search window. This should bring up all compatible BitMEX instruments.

Here are resources provided by BitMEX:

Trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with up to 100x leverage. Fast execution, low fees, Bitcoin futures and swaps: available only on BitMEX.

Releases of the BitMEX NinjaTrader Adapter. Contribute to BitMEX/ninjatrader-bitmex development by creating an account on GitHub.

There may be other cryptocurrency instruments available when searching which are not compatible with BitMEX (and are also placeholders) which will not function at the moment by default.

If you've ensured that you've installed BitMEX correctly but still do not see any symbols with "BitMEX" in the description, then perhaps something is wrong with the add-on or with your NinjaTrader.

I encourage you to write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may investigate what you're experiencing in more detail.

Comment

Have it running now.. and fairly impressed... the new orderflow indicators are picking up the all the data...

Comment

Will it work with demo version of NT8 ?

Comment

You can import an add-on with any version of NinjaTrader. You will be able to import BitMEX using the 'Demo version'.

BitMEX provides specific instructions here:

Trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with up to 100x leverage. Fast execution, low fees, Bitcoin futures and swaps: available only on BitMEX.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, will I be able to see live data/practice sim trading with demo version of NT8 if I have Bitmex account?

You can import an add-on with any version of NinjaTrader. You will be able to import BitMEX using the 'Demo version'.

BitMEX provides specific instructions here:

https://www.bitmex.com/app/ninjaTraderIntegration

Comment

BitMEX provides real-time data for certain crypto futures. You can place orders to the sim101 account on these instruments.

Comment

Have any of you used the Ninjatools.studio addons for Crypto?

Im playing around with the Binance Exchange addon at the moment. Seems pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastus View Post
                            Have any of you used the Ninjatools.studio addons for Crypto?

Im playing around with the Binance Exchange addon at the moment. Seems pretty good.
                            The website you mention is not a NinjaTrader Vendor and they are in violation of our terms of service. As a result, any and all items related to the website you mention are not supported

Comment

The website you mention is not a NinjaTrader Vendor and they are in violation of our terms of service. As a result, any and all items related to the website you mention are not supported

Sorry I didnt want to rock the boat.

Ive since switched over to the GDAX feed. Which seems more capable.

Comment

Historic Tick data

after reading through the threads I understand that the historic tick data cannot be populated in Ninjatrader for things like renko bars and tick bars. But I am WILLING to pay MONEY to download historic Tick data for any BTC contract, BTCUSD BTCUSDT XBT BTC anything. As Long as it can be imported into Ninjatrader so I can actually backtest with tick data. I know I can just leave my computer up and running all day to collect tick data but I don't have time for that. Can anyone help steer me towards someplace I can buy this data that actually would be compatible with Ninjatrader? I found some tick data but it is not compatible with Ninjatrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jclose
                                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                10 responses
                                0 likes