Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Playback Start to the Minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Start to the Minute

Market Replay gives the choice to set the Day of Start, and the Day of End. I would like to propose that users are given the choise to start/end the Playback exactly to the hour and minute of a day.

Trying to use Playback off and on for the past two years with mixed success would gracefully suggest someone is found to "love" this code and bring it up to usable. Either it does not load, does not play correctly, provides data to only AddOns not charts or vice-versa If it seems to be working a lot of the time it really doesn't, or it just goes to sleep no idea if it is actually loading or processing data.

In addition to actually working the user should be able to select the periods of day desired, as most would probably be skipping overnight and lunch times in testing and concentrating on a few specific hours of the day. This could be done during download (which also only lets me fetch a day at a time, not a range). Being able to repeat areas or backup/fast-forward would be plusses.

Right now my experience has been totally hit or miss if playback will load correctly much less put data out to both the charts and my AddOns. Right now I am getting charts no AddOns and yesterday it was AddOns no charts. Useless unless both.

Optionally if the Simulated Data Feed simply played back actual trading sessions for the instrument rather than random data uncharacteristic of behavior it would suffice for testing as using the existing Playback subsystem is more frustrating than useful in my experience.

Before calling user error, talking safe mode, etc please understand this comes from someone who has added a lot of side functionally they are testing to NT8 in addition to four+ decades of software building. As NT8 seems stable at this point perhaps resources can be directed toward beefing up this area of the code to make it functional, robust and more useful. Thanks.

-Jim

Comment

I playback 4 years of ES and index data in 12 hours with strategy in nt8.

Comment

Hello ruedigold,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team as a feature request.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          I playback 4 years of ES and index data in 12 hours with strategy in nt8.

That sounds pretty vanilla. My environment is a few charts, strategy, four addons (which process all market data) and handful of custom indicators the strategy creates. And then daytradr bridged to it. Try going to a specific point in time and playing back a segment of that time interactively not black box running something for hours. Then try going to a different point in time. Then change speeds. Then change dates. Try to start/stop. This involves all parties seeing both the book and the market data as well as execution data going to strategy and AddOns.

You are effectively running a batch job and I am attempting interactive usage. For a linear strategy running without interaction from user once playback starts it keeps going particularly if it is just a single chart running a strategy. This entire area of NT8 could be enhanced greatly but it would need someone who really owned it and used it interactively. Right now it might work for single shot batch type runs of a strategy but not for someone that for example wants to practice the first two hours of open over and over...

A man-in-the-middle for the socket connections that will capture and replay external to NT would probably work better but my expectation is nothing will happen in this regard beyond simple feature request that gets put on a list.

Comment

Hello JimB17,

Thank you for your post.

I have added a vote for you for this feature request as well.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is right click, go to certain time during the day broken?

Comment

Hello,
                ​​​​​
                Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3685. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature.

Comment

Hello chartish,

Thank you for your post

I have added your vote aswell.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post