Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I add multi series and indicators to Addon similar to Strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I add multi series and indicators to Addon similar to Strategy?

Hello,

I would like to be able to add let's say Minute series as primary series, Volumetric Series as Secondary, Apply Indicators to both of these series, and get signals in the Add-On Window itself instead of Strategy.

Is it possible? Are there any samples to accomplish it?

Does add-on work the same way as strategy (being able to recognize historical bars vs Real-Time bars in OnBarUpdate event)...

Can Addon subscribe to some Indicator events, while Indicator subscribing to some of the Add-On events?

I was looking at article https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...isk-management

And it shows example on how to get events from Add-On to Indicator.

Can same Add-On get events from Indicator to itself?

Can I also do the same thing with the Strategy (example, communicate between Strategy and Add-On)?

Thank you
    Last edited by music_p13; 01-11-2019, 12:33 PM.

Hello music_p13,
    Thanks for your post.

Addons are different from a NinjaScript that you would apply to a chart as they are specifically meant to be run in the background. There would be no means to trigger OnBarUpdate() and there is no concept of a series that is available to an addon so all of your logic processing other than a direct reference to a price at specific point would need to be done inside your indicator.
    I also would not recommend managing a strategies orders through an addon as I believe you would run into some issues with that processing as expected.

There are some more sample uses for an addon in the help guide as well as a reference sample for an addon window. I have included those links below. In the first section of the Addon Development overview you should see the sample Addon solution.

Let me know if there is something I can clarify further.

Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Josh,

With regards to the second question, can Add-On communicate with the Strategy directly back and forth? I would like Add-On to be able to subscribe to some methods in Strategy, and Strategy to subscribe to some methods in Add-On - similar to how it was done in the following form by Jessica - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...isk-management

I would like to start Add-On manually which would be like an NT Window, and potentially for this Add-On to communicate with multiple running strategies while Strategies could communicate back to this single instance of Add-On window...

Thanks

Comment

music_p13,

No, it would not be possible to have a relationship like that with your strategies and your addon where they are communicating back in forth. You could share properties/settings through the use of a static class in the addon, but that is not what you are looking to do. It's going to be more of a one way street when doing something like what Jessica did.

Comment

Is it possible to have custom events in Indicator and having Add-On to subscribe to these events. Also, having custom events in Add-On - and having indicator subscribing to these custom events triggered in Add-On? I understand it cannot be done from strategy, but can Indicator handle it? Do you have any examples?

Thanks

Comment

music_p13,

It's gonna be the same story with an indicator.

You can change some properties or a variable in your indicator or subscribe to account/market data events with the addon, but that is about it. I do not think there is a way for your add on to read custom events from your indicator/strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes