Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 to NT8 issues with indicator conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 to NT8 issues with indicator conversion

I have been using NT7 for several years and I have some indicators and a custom bar that I like and use on that platform. I recently purchased some indicators that only work on NT8. The developer doesn't have a NT7 version and the developer of my NT7 indicators is no longer in business. My original plan was to run NT7 on one computer and NT8 on another had have my charts up on each. However, when I log into NT7 it disconnects me from NT8 and vice versa.

So now I find myself either trying to convert my NT8 indicators to NT7 or my NT7 indicators to NT8. I have chosen the later because I prefer the NT8 environment and I have concerns that NT7 will eventually disappear.

So far, I have been able to convert some of the indicators without a issue. However, I am having trouble with a bar and chart style. I am able to successfully compile both, but the plot is not correct and I cant seem to figure out which is the issue. I am suspicious that it has something to do with the AddBar and Update bar functions.

NT7's version of UpdateBar seems to have the bar object, open, high, low, close, time, volume, and a flag for realtime data. NT8's version removes the open and flag. I am not understanding how to pass the open to update the bar. There is no documentation other that from NT8 that shows the parameters. looking at the code of bar types already in NT8 isn't helping me.

Is there any documentation on bar and chart types for NT7 and better documentation for NT8?

Another problem I seem to be having is that the ChartStyle is not appearing on the chart style drop down list under data series properties. So, I have to use DefaultChartStyle = (ChartStyleType) 501; in my bar type to use it. Google searches and searching through these forums hasn't produce any insight on why that's happening.

If you can point me to any available documentation on bar types and chart styles for NT7 and NT* it would be helpful

Thanks

Hello MarthaClines,

Welcome to the forums!

BarsTypes and ChartStyles were not documented in NinjaTrader 7. You may have seen the documentation we have already for ChartStyles and BarsTypes in NinjaTrader 8, but these resources are linked below. New ChartStyles will display in the Data Series window after restarting the platform.

BarsTypes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../bars_type.htm

ChartStyles - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...hart_style.htm

UpdateBar cannot be used to update the bar's open. Instead, you can use RemoveLastBar and call AddBar to update the open. This approach is taken in the Renko BarsType. Other custom variants of Renko bars like UniRenko pass in a fake open with AddBar and do not use RemoveLastBar/AddBar to update the open. If your BarsType is similar you may wish to reference these BarsTypes.

UniRenko - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...nko-bartype-8/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
    1 response
    0 likes